PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 2 Ti + Direct3d problem...

TheMadMonkey
11-07-03, 08:16 AM
ok, i just installed an ECS k7s5a pro mainboard into my computer about a week ago, ever since i installed it, my asus geforce 2 Ti v7700 deluxe will not work with my games... Midtown Madness and Midtown Madness 2 cars and cities dont render at all, the directx 7 direct 3d test shows the cube is totally messed, but the directx8 and 9 direct3d test works perfect in dxdiag.

i've installed the latest nvidia drivers, done all the windows updates, i even went back to older drivers that i know worked before with my graphics card on my other motherboards and still direct3d will not work :(

My Computer Specs:
1ghz AMD Thunderbird
ECS K7S5A Pro
256megs pc2100 high performance Mushkin DDR Ram
40gig samsung 5400rpm HD
60gig Western Digital 7200rpm HD
32x Mitsumi cd burner
16x liteon dvd-rom
Asus Geforce 2 Ti v7700 Deluxe 64mb 4x AGP card
Windows XP Pro

Rob_0126
11-07-03, 05:22 PM
Whats the wattage on your power supply?

Robert

TheMadMonkey
11-07-03, 05:27 PM
480watts

Rob_0126
11-07-03, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TheMadMonkey
480watts

hmph, I would guess board drivers.

That seems to be the only explaination to me. If dx8 and 9 works, but 7 doesn't, thats odd :confused:

What about the drivers for the games?

Robert

Edge
11-07-03, 07:51 PM
Hmm, maybe make sure your AGP Arpature is set to at least 128 megs in the Bios, but other then that...hmm, I'm not totally sure. You *may* have gotten a defective motherboard, I know my first K7S5A was horrible and had lots of problems, but after I RMAed it and got a new one it ran flawlessly (and still is!). Do you get any texture corruption in games? I remember with my defective K7S5A board that textures were often full of artifacts for some reason. Also, does it have any problems in OpenGL stuff or only in D3D?

But in any case, you'll probably want to flash the latest BIOS for your card, it may fix some of the issues your having. If it doesn't though, I'm guessing it's a defective card.

TheMadMonkey
11-07-03, 10:34 PM
here is a page with pictures i took to better show you the problem i'm having: http://madmonkeygaming.com/Direct3D.html

Kev1
11-08-03, 01:03 AM
With GF2 GTS and Via KT133a chipset mobo (MSI K7T Turbo-R), and found out with the GF2 I had to only have DirectX7 or 8 installed for any 3D games to work. With DirectX 9, no games worked, only 2D desktop and MS Word stuff worked ok.

Not sure if this is your problem, just an idea from my experience. Hope you get your games running again soon :)

TheMadMonkey
11-08-03, 01:07 AM
yeah thats the same problem i was having. i recently just fixed my direct3d problem! woo! what i did was put my ECS Mainboard cd in and i looked through the cd and stumbled onto a file called "directx.exe", so i ran the file and restarted my computer, and my graphics card works great now. when i clicked the directx.exe file, it didnt act like it was an ordinary directx installation file. i'm assuming its a patch of some kind that ECS included, i'm not sure. i'll post details about it after i get some sleep.

anyway, thanks for everybody's help!

EDIT: in my ECS Mainboard cd, i went to the following directory's:

CD-ROM DRIVE (CD V8_15B):\\Utility\PCDJ\Utility

and in that directory, there is only one file: directx.exe

i ran that file and then restarted my computer, and my graphics card works great now with my ECS Mainboard

Rob_0126
11-08-03, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by TheMadMonkey
yeah thats the same problem i was having. i recently just fixed my direct3d problem! woo! what i did was put my ECS Mainboard cd in and i looked through the cd and stumbled onto a file called "directx.exe", so i ran the file and restarted my computer, and my graphics card works great now. when i clicked the directx.exe file, it didnt act like it was an ordinary directx installation file. i'm assuming its a patch of some kind that ECS included, i'm not sure. i'll post details about it after i get some sleep.

anyway, thanks for everybody's help!

EDIT: in my ECS Mainboard cd, i went to the following directory's:

CD-ROM DRIVE (CD V8_15B):\\Utility\PCDJ\Utility

and in that directory, there is only one file: directx.exe

i ran that file and then restarted my computer, and my graphics card works great now with my ECS Mainboard

Good for you :thumbsup:

Robert