PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Fighters Impressions?

jnd3
11-07-03, 03:53 PM
I was wandering through the "House of Terror" museum in Budapest and thought, "Gee, it would be cool to have some sort of alternate-history action game in which the Soviets won the cold war, and you get to kick some commie booty as a US partisan."

And when we got back to the States I stumbled across Freedom Fighters. I ordered it for $15.99 from Amazon. Anyone have it? What are your impressions? Reviews have been quite favorable, from what I've seen.

Cheers,
JND

The Baron
11-07-03, 04:18 PM
Didn't dig it at all. Missions were all the same, really. No multiplayer. Graphics are pretty good, sound pretty much sucks. The MUSIC, on the other hand, might be worth the money right there, although it can get repetitive.

Sotos
11-07-03, 06:24 PM
Well it is a good game except the <<USA Propaganda>> in it's Scenario
that makes it a little stupid

Good old Rambo :rolleyes:
killing Bad Russian Communist pigs :p

Get a Grip...Cold war it's OVER :rolleyes:

nVidi0t
11-09-03, 05:20 AM
The best thing about it is the AI, which is nothing short of AMAZING.

It gets a little tedious towards the end, but the first few levels are ace.

There are also too little weapons or variation in enemies, and enemies appear to randomly spawn which becomes annoying.

I really enjoyed it though.

malachi1313
11-09-03, 05:27 PM
I'm having alot of fun with this game....:D

D.K.Tronics
11-09-03, 07:29 PM
Not bad.
Graphics aren't much to talk about, and the sound isn't too bad. Nice atmospheric sounds though.

I thought the AI was poor at times. Throw a grenade at a crowd of bad guys, and they run into each other trying to get away.

The music, as mentioned, is superb.
It's by the excellent Jesper Kid, who composed the superb Hitman 2 music, and many old Amiga tunes.

stncttr908
11-09-03, 08:02 PM
Ignoring the fact that it was too short, I liked it. Sure it was repetitive, but when games are fun that's a good thing.

The Baron
11-09-03, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I thought the AI was quite lame. I sat there with the assault rifle, picking off Russians, and they didn't even hop in the machine gun turret to nail me.

Oh well.

demonized
11-09-03, 09:56 PM
one of the best game for me this year. i actually finished the game which is not normal for me.

NickSpolec
11-13-03, 03:25 PM
Good old Rambo
killing Bad Russian Communist pigs

Damn right, stupid commie bastards. Though, it would have been a little better had the enemy been Greece.

jnd3
11-13-03, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Damn right, stupid commie bastards. Though, it would have been a little better had the enemy been Greece.
Hmmm. Greece. Athens vs. Sparta. Hmmm.

(Of course the Cold War is over -- we won, remember? It's that whole "Red Dawn" thing, though...what if? Alternate history makes for fun reading...I want to see it mature for gaming!)

Thanks for the input, all...it's sitting on my desk, waiting for install (and has been for the past few days). We've been spending all our spare time with friends from outside the country for most of the week, so I haven't been able to install it. Soon.

Cheers,
JND