PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 delay delayed! or so they say!!

Pages : [1] 2

AngelGraves13
11-07-03, 05:32 PM
Looks like we'll have to wait for fiscal year 2005 or April 2004 until this game will even be getting ready to launch. So after April...prepare to meet your DOOM...they always do say "third times a charm."

emailthatguy
11-07-03, 06:37 PM
no youre thinkin of the 3d realms guy (george b) referring to duke nukem forever

Rob_0126
11-07-03, 07:04 PM
Carmack is probably waiting till after christmas, when a lot more ppl will get a brand new video card under the tree, so they can play the game.

Robert

Sotos
11-07-03, 07:16 PM
I am tired of waiting Doom3 and every Doom3 type game

They always delay them so it's nothing new

AngelGraves13
11-07-03, 07:26 PM
I don't care that it's delayed...the game will be much better than if it was to be released this year. I've got my new rig all set up, just waiting to buy an Audigy 2ZS and I'm done upgrading until the new Intel processors dominate the market, probably early 2005. I'll be living in NYC by then...so it won't matter much.

digitalwanderer
11-07-03, 09:46 PM
What's the word I'm looking for, what it is?

Oh yeah, "meh".

jAkUp
11-07-03, 09:55 PM
:D

www.doom3.com

AngelGraves13
11-08-03, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
:D

www.doom3.com

Still waiting for something to see there besides Mr. Ugly. I bet he'd like a taste of a shotgun shell! Damn...I wanna kill this thing badly...and the trites are asking for it. Anything that low wants to bite your you know what!

Matthius
11-14-03, 07:05 AM
i put 10 bucks on bloodrayne 2 comin out before Doom3 AND Half life 2...

DaveW
11-14-03, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Matthius

Thats a no brainer. I have a feeling that by the time D3 does finally come out (sometime in 2006), we will be like "meh" coz the graphics will look dated by then.

Matthius
11-14-03, 09:01 AM
well in that case, better make it a few hundered bucks:D

Sazar
11-14-03, 11:23 AM
well he had said he didn't want the game @ two different e3's... but that didnt work out as planned did it :)

admittedly the 2nd e3 ws hardly like the demo in the first but still...

Sledge
11-14-03, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Matthius

How about taking the longshot bet and say that Duke Nukem Forever will come out before HL2 and D3 :)

Sotos
11-18-03, 05:36 AM
Something tells me that DOOM3 will be a dissapointment at the end

Only excellent graphics with nothing else special

I definetily not wait these game

If it ever been release fine...but i think better games (and not only in graphics) will be out there by the time from DOOM3

sxotty
11-18-03, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Sotos

I definetily not wait these game

You aren't gonna wait huh? What are you gonna do instead jump off a bridge?

silence
11-18-03, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Sledge
How about taking the longshot bet and say that Duke Nukem Forever will come out before HL2 and D3 :)

ROFL...that's really...urm...hehe.....low punch.......

SocketAzzWipe
11-18-03, 12:48 PM
With games like Stalker and FarCry coming out around that time, I think HL2 and DOOM3 are losing their appeal gradually.

Sotos
11-18-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by sxotty
You aren't gonna wait huh? What are you gonna do instead jump off a bridge?

No maybe killing you will be a good idea...

Mullins1060
11-18-03, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SocketAzzWipe
With games like Stalker and FarCry coming out around that time, I think HL2 and DOOM3 are losing their appeal gradually.

d3 will never lose its apeal its the daddy of fps. but i do agree that games like farcry soldner and stalker are looking as good as d3.

CWB
11-18-03, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Sotos
Something tells me that DOOM3 will be a dissapointment at the end

Only excellent graphics with nothing else special

That describes every ID game... :p

Nutty
11-18-03, 07:10 PM
I've loved every id game. I tell ya I spent alot more time playing Q3, which has no story, and virtually no single player game, than any other single player game I've tried.

They are going to big lengths, like hiring a dedicated script writer to hopefully bring back some good single player experience into id's games. I think its gonna rock. Nothing I've seen thats out, or still in production comes anywhere near to the graphical quality of D3. No not even HL2.

I think HL2 has some really nice technology in it, but they could've used it soo much more effectively. At the end of the day, its basically a static lightmap lit game with shadow buffers on a few objects and characters, with some dx9 effects on top. Its all nice, but nothing stands out that makes me go "wow!" like d3 does, and I firmly believe what we've seen soo far is a mere tip of the iceberg.

ishak540m
11-19-03, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by SocketAzzWipe

Stalker and far cry have their perks but by no means compare to HL2 or D3.

nVidi0t
11-19-03, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Nutty
I've loved every id game. I tell ya I spent alot more time playing Q3, which has no story, and virtually no single player game, than any other single player game I've tried.

They are going to big lengths, like hiring a dedicated script writer to hopefully bring back some good single player experience into id's games. I think its gonna rock. Nothing I've seen thats out, or still in production comes anywhere near to the graphical quality of D3. No not even HL2.

I think HL2 has some really nice technology in it, but they could've used it soo much more effectively. At the end of the day, its basically a static lightmap lit game with shadow buffers on a few objects and characters, with some dx9 effects on top. Its all nice, but nothing stands out that makes me go "wow!" like d3 does, and I firmly believe what we've seen soo far is a mere tip of the iceberg.

I like you.

Rob_0126
11-19-03, 04:56 PM
uhu.

Each game has it's own specialness, so hl2 and d3 are in their own category, just as stalker and pokemon is.

Im looking forward to D3, to see that engine in action, and Ive already seen hl2's engine, and it looks very nice.

Course, Ill probably be playing hl2 before d3 comes out, but then by then , Ill just wait for Q4 :D

Robert

sxotty
11-19-03, 07:01 PM
That supposed quake 4 concept art that was leaked looked amazing didn't it.