PDA

View Full Version : nforce 2.45 & 3.13 muss up my rocketraid 133

flamebot
11-08-03, 10:15 PM
I have a Asus A7N266-C with an nForce chipset running WindowsXP and the 2.45 and the 3.13 screw up my HighPoint RocketRaid 133.

The RocketRaid has it's own driver, how the heck is the nForce drivers screwing it up? On the surface it seems ok, but trying to copy large files or benchmarking it I can see it's running about 75% slower than before. The 2.03 nForce drivers work fine with it. :confused:

Ancient
11-09-03, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by flamebot
I have a Asus A7N266-C with an nForce chipset running WindowsXP and the 2.45 and the 3.13 screw up my HighPoint RocketRaid 133.

The RocketRaid has it's own driver, how the heck is the nForce drivers screwing it up? On the surface it seems ok, but trying to copy large files or benchmarking it I can see it's running about 75% slower than before. The 2.03 nForce drivers work fine with it. :confused:

Since the RocketRaid driver is unchanged the only thing I can think of is that the nforce PCI System Management drivers change in those versions. Since your RocketRaid interfaces through the PCI bus possibly there are some timing or bus arbitration changes that don't jibe with the RocketRaid drivers. That's just a wild guess though.

Have you tried installing the 2.45s or 3.13s during a fresh install, tried using a driver cleaner, or have you uninstalled the previous nForce driver version before installing the new ones? Maybe there's some cruft in there affecting the driver updates???

If nothing else, since v2.03 works for you, stick with them until something comes along that does work. The only other alternative would be to ask ASUS tech support for some assistance to see if they've also run into this issue.