PDA

View Full Version : Logitech have the crappest support on the face of the planet!!!

Dazz
11-09-03, 05:44 PM
Just bought a Internet Navergator Special edition a little while ago after finaly finding out why it takes 10 minutes for the computer to shut down and try to track down whats causing the problem and 6 formats i have found it. It seems it's down to logitechs keyboard drivers. They acknowleged it and said that an update will be out 'shortly'. Well it's been almost 6 months since they announced it and they haven't even updated their software! :mad: Well this goes to show they 'continued' support for their products :mad: Oh i fogot their Keyboards drivers are 1 year old in 18 days time!

Sazar
11-09-03, 07:42 PM
complain and get a replacement product that is newer or something close to that...

its a shame about your shutdown issue... I would certainly try and get something done

Dazz
11-09-03, 08:07 PM
I am thinking of getting a replacement by changing it for a MS board, i've contacted Logitech to find out what the hecks taking so long for their software update, lets see if they keep their promise to respond within 2 days. Heck i am still wating for an email from ATi about the problems with my TV out and that was over a week ago.

Sazar
11-09-03, 09:05 PM
hope they have good news for you....

concerning ati... I get responses from their tech team in a day or two tops... might wanna shoot off another email there...

flamebot
11-09-03, 11:44 PM
Do they have older drivers available? That always fixes Logitech issues for me. I have gone back 3 times over the last year when their new drivers broke something.

Dazz
11-10-03, 04:14 AM
I'll look and see if i can find any.

EciDemon
11-10-03, 05:26 AM
Must be specific on that particular keyboard as it dosent happen on my Mx duo set. They use the same drivers package.

Dazz
11-10-03, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Dazz
Just bought a Internet Navergator Special edition a little while ago

Smokey
11-10-03, 12:09 PM
Hi Dazz, I too have that same keyboard, I use the drivers that came with the cd, 2.10.0.0 - 02/07/02 (non US date formate ;)) and havent had any problems with them. Last we I updated to the latest drivers, and low and behold I started getting that shut down problem, event view said that iTouch.exe had caused some error. After reinstalling the drivers from the cd, shutdown problems have gone.

Dazz
11-10-03, 04:18 PM
Mine 2.15.246 dated 27th Nov 2002 and works except if the software is't manually closed the computer will take 10 miniutes to shutdown..... if you are lucky :D I just got the keyboard like 2 weeks ago so i get the crap drivers :rolleyes: i noticed they don't have past drivers up on their site either :rolleyes:

Dazz
11-26-03, 05:29 PM
Good news after my complaint alittle while ago they finaly brought out a new version of the software :)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/software&CRID=1796&contentid=6015&countryid=19&languageid=1

RoJo
11-26-03, 11:41 PM
I was just updating my mouse driver to ver 979 and happen to look at the keyboard drivers also yesterday, and I noticed there was a new release with a fix for that problem as well. :)

I was pulling my hair out about four or more months back with that shutdown problem, and stopped using the driver because of it.

It's nice to see that they have it all sorted out now.

jAkUp
11-27-03, 12:14 AM
thats why i dont use logitech drivers:) i use their hardware only. leave windows to do the driver job..hehe
:)

Dazz
11-27-03, 01:14 AM
I don't like their mouse drivers either, i think it makes the scroll wheel slugish/slow compaired to MS's.

sxotty
11-27-03, 09:06 AM
That is why I have stayed away as well. Logitech is notorius for having the worst support.

RoJo
11-27-03, 05:10 PM
Yeap, they make bloody good hardware, but crap drivers which I have to agree with also.