PDA

View Full Version : Best Detonator Drivers to run gta 3 on ti 4600

Siro
11-11-03, 07:33 AM
well i have been using the latest 52.16 forceware drivers which are awesome but dont seem to do so well with gta 3.my pc is a 3.2 ghz with 1 gig ddr 400 ram and a ti 4600.i know that there has been a porting problem from ps2 to pc for gta 3 but i wanna know if there are any detonators which run it lag free.looking for help and OS is Windows Xp Pro.
Siro

saturnotaku
11-11-03, 07:45 AM
No driver version for any video card will run GTA3 without some lag and/or visual problem. It's quite possibly the worst console port ever done. Your only chance is to drop your resolution to 1024x768, turn off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, drop your in-game view distance to 50% or less, turn off vsync and turn on the frame limiter within the game.

ragejg
11-11-03, 08:12 AM
w00t?

I had no anomalies last year with my GF3 and 28.32/29.42/30.82 (win9X/ME versions) !!! ... At least I didn't notice any...

EciDemon
11-11-03, 08:32 AM
MGS2 Substance is even worse ... there are many issues with recent drivers ... and older drivers are too slow. FX card owners dont even have the option to use those older fully working (slow) drivers...
The slowdowns with older drivers is specific to the game and with one effect.

But then again, when the game fully works ... it is a wonderful game.

Go get vice city, Its not only a whole lot more of the fun stuff but the game actually runs very smooth :) (compared to gta3)