View Full Version : GeForce Ti4200 Help :(

crxdriver
11-11-03, 05:29 PM
I was seeing if I can get some tech info. I just bought a Geforce
Ti4200 video card for my Compaq(Win ME OS) and I have it installed properly
but when I connect the VGA cord to the card and turn monitor on it
doesnt come on, its just a black screen. Any clues on what could cause
this? Could it be my monitor or do I need to install a driver in order for
the VGA cord to work with the card. I uninstalled my old driver and now in device manager theres 2 blanks drivers, do I goto update driver?

Thx :(

Gator
11-11-03, 05:41 PM
maybe the refresh setting is too high for the monitor, have you trie dbooting in SAFE MODE and then setting the refresh rate to 60hz?

_Mast3R_7
11-12-03, 01:25 PM
You are half done installing the card, plug in the monitor back on the onboard video plug of your compaq, boot up to wondows, right click on the desktop, select properties, then go to the settings tab, there you should see to monitors listed as 1 and 2. one of them adapters is you GF4ti4200, the other is the on board video of you compaq. fist select the GF4 and make sure you check the "extend my desktop to this monitor" mark. then check, "make this my default monitor" now you have 2 options of how to proceed.
Power off, plug the monitor to the GF4, power on and enter the bios and see if you onboard video can be disabled, if it can, then do it, and reboot, then when you go to windows you will only have one device listed and you are done,

now if you cant disable it, if the option is not there, wish it is likely if you have and older motherboard, then boot up to windows, right click on the desktop, select properties, then go to the settings tab, select you onboard video device, and un-check the "extend my desktop to this device" mark.

that should take car of it.... hope it helps...

let me know how it goes
_Mast3R_7

TheTaz
11-12-03, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by crxdriver
I was seeing if I can get some tech info. I just bought a Geforce
Ti4200 video card for my Compaq(Win ME OS) and I have it installed properly
but when I connect the VGA cord to the card and turn monitor on it
doesnt come on, its just a black screen. Any clues on what could cause
this? Could it be my monitor or do I need to install a driver in order for
the VGA cord to work with the card. I uninstalled my old driver and now in device manager theres 2 blanks drivers, do I goto update driver?

Thx :(

Does the monitor come on when you first power up? (Counting memory screen)

If not, you need to plug the monitor back in to the Compaq VGA port, go into the bios and disable your onboard video and / or enable the AGP Slot (If applicable). Then after you save your bios settings, shut the machine off and plug the monitor back into the card.

Then (since you uninstalled the old drivers aldready).... when you boot into windows with the new card running with the monitor... you need to install the drivers for the Ti4200.

Hope that helps,

Taz