PDA

View Full Version : Digi I Need You Help Urgent!!!!!

Dazz
11-12-03, 07:30 PM
Just got the new BIOS for the MSI K7N2-DELTA-L and it has been the most extream headache, i can no longer overclock my PC2700 to DDR400 under any speed even CL 3/4/4/10 (works at 2.5/3/3/8) and need to roll back to the other BIOS revision, how do i do that?

Dazz
11-12-03, 07:46 PM
Wait i think it's working now, there's something up with this BIOS. I noticed the only way to rollback is with a floppy in DOS, well i am screwed as i don't have a floppy no more.

digitalwanderer
11-12-03, 08:10 PM
I got the non-Delta version, I don't think I can help. :(

Dazz
11-12-03, 08:12 PM
Well there should be a BIOS update for you..... if you feel brave.

Malfunction
11-12-03, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Dazz
Wait i think it's working now, there's something up with this BIOS. I noticed the only way to rollback is with a floppy in DOS, well i am screwed as i don't have a floppy no more.

Hey Dazz, I made a bootable CDR with my BIOS software and update just to see if I could awhile back. Think I used EZ CD Creator to do it. Stealth had the same problem awhile back and was wondering if it was possible as well because he was in the same posistion too.

So as long as you can boot from the CD-Rom, it'll work! ;)

Peace,

:)

Dazz
11-13-03, 05:46 AM
I'll have to try it, i don't no whether one of the IDE cables came loose or what but 95% of the time it locks up when detecting the IDE drives :(

Dazz
11-13-03, 04:41 PM
AN other BIOS update is out and seems to of fixed the problems of the other version :)

digitalwanderer
11-13-03, 08:20 PM
I just took the plunge and took my K7N2-L to 3.9 and I now have CPU & mobo temp support as well as voltage readouts in windows. :)

I STILL don't have the advanced options screen, but it's another step in the right direction. :cool:

Dazz
11-14-03, 10:01 AM
I yake it you are on about hte NVsystem program :D

digitalwanderer
11-14-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Dazz
I yake it you are on about hte NVsystem program :D
Yeah, the nVsystem Utility thingy. I could only change my FSB and memory timings before, now I have thermal & electrical readouts. :cool:

Dazz
11-14-03, 10:50 AM
Do get odd readout with the AUX?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=3743

digitalwanderer
11-14-03, 11:04 AM
YES!!! Thanks, I was a skotch worried about that but figured it was a glitch. It also identified my mobo as a K7N2G-L when it's a K7N2-L. (I have no clue what the G is for)

I also noticed my CPU power tends to fluctuate a tad...I'm hoping it's the monitor & not my PS. (I have a nice Ennermax, it shouldn't be the PS! :( )

Oh, and this bios is also the first one that gave me a stable CPU temp reading in the BIOS. The others the sucker would run up & down faster than I could read it...totally worthless.

Dazz
11-14-03, 11:54 AM
My temp still does that. The G means intergrated video.