PDA

View Full Version : Cards VBE 3.0 compliant?

Barlad
11-14-03, 12:40 AM
Hello,
I would like to know if the Nvidia GeForce FX5900 ultra card is VBE 3.0 compliant? I am not sure wether it relies entirely on the chip or also on the manufacturer of the card.

If it depends on the card, then anyone knows if Leadtek card are compliant with VBE3.0? I have a AH350 TDH.

Is there anyway to figure if cards are VBE compliant or not?

AthlonXP1800
11-14-03, 11:31 AM
I have Leadtek 5900 Ultra, yes it have VESA 3.0 supported. :D

You can find out whether your card support VESA 3.0 with vbetest program, download Scitech Display Doctor 6.53 DOS version here (http://www.pctip.ch/downloads/dl/19140.asp), it is small 971kb zip file, you will need to run vbetest.exe program.

So far all ATI cards does not support VESA 3.0, it still stucked with VESA 2.0 standard, ATI recommended Scitech Display Doctor to use VESA 3.0 in software.

Barlad
11-14-03, 05:50 PM
Thanks much for the info.
That said I have a problem... I ran the VBETEST and it did claim that my card was VBE 3.0 compliant. Today, I also got an answer from LeadTek who told me that my AH350 card was NOT vesa 3.0 compliant.
Who to believe ? :(

ChrisRay
11-14-03, 06:12 PM
Hmm According to that test. My leadtek FX 5900 LX is Vesa 3.0 compliant but.. Dunno for sure...

AthlonXP1800
11-14-03, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Barlad
Thanks much for the info.
That said I have a problem... I ran the VBETEST and it did claim that my card was VBE 3.0 compliant. Today, I also got an answer from LeadTek who told me that my AH350 card was NOT vesa 3.0 compliant.
Who to believe ? :(

Trust the VBE Test, it tell the truth, it showed the correct BIOS made by WinFast and the answer from LeadTek is wrong, it probably the person ran administration who has no knowledge of Technical Support or they not engineer.

Most cards makers such as Leadtek never mentioned what BIOS version they use, I found ELSA (http://www.elsa.com.tw/EN/Products/series.asp?key=GLADIAC) mentioned BIOS version, it all 3.0 supported since Geforce 2. :D