PDA

View Full Version : Detonator 30.30 feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2

Matthyahuw
07-28-02, 02:07 AM
I'm personally using them, and have had ZERO issues...

Kruno
07-28-02, 02:52 AM
Really? Same here :D
Although D3d could be a lot faster.

ascully
07-28-02, 04:21 AM
Are they faster than previous drivers?

DIMA
07-28-02, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by ascully
Are they faster than previous drivers?

It depends...

ZERO problems here as well, everything is running smooth as silk, especially with the latest Riva Tuner release, incorporating those AF opimization in both OpenGL & Direct3D! :D

john19055
07-28-02, 07:41 AM
I find them to be as fast as any of the other drivers that I've had used.IQ looks good too on them.

Kruno
07-28-02, 07:50 AM
30.30 don't seem to add anything new other than what RT offers lolz. Nvidia users get their performance increase through RT and not drivers. Nvidia better get of their @$$.

DIMA
07-28-02, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
30.30 don't seem to add anything new other than what RT offers lolz. Nvidia users get their performance increase through RT and not drivers. Nvidia better get of their @$$.

Aniso perfomance increased in 30.30 over all other detonators for MANY people!

Besides, Unwinder wouldn't be able to incorporate all these optimization in RT if not for 30.30 detonators set, they don't work for any other detonator set, cause 30.30 added quite a bit of important stuff in terms of aniso, so we can expect Nvidia to raise the perfomance of aniso significanly in the not too far future! :D

Kruno
07-28-02, 08:06 AM
I play with vsync on so I guess it will be hard to tell if performance of aniso has actually improved considering I never benched the 30.xx dets.

bleat
07-28-02, 12:08 PM
I always wondered why everyone turns off vsync. I could understand for benchmarking, but that tearing is friggin ugly. It should always be on for gaming IMO...

I play with vsync on so I guess it will be hard to tell if performance of aniso has actually improved considering I never benched the 30.xx dets.

ascully
07-28-02, 05:21 PM
Your right the tearing sucks and who cares about benchmarks so long as you can play your games properly :)

PCarr78
07-28-02, 05:27 PM
I'd like to see the day when the framerate WAS ALWAYS AT 85fps....

Then I would consider turning off vsync.

The framerate fluctuates too much

and who cares if you could hit 12432fps in small areas?

when you're at 24 in busy areas, that's what counts. until hw gets vastly powerful, vsync remains on for me

StealthHawk
07-28-02, 10:02 PM
what would be the point of turning off vsync if the framerate was always the same :p

Kruno
07-29-02, 12:32 AM
ROTFLMAO @ 2 girl/s/guy/s above me :)

Vsync limits your framerate. :)

prydah
07-29-02, 12:39 AM
Vsync limits your framerate

u r right enabling vsync limits your framerate to your monitor's refresh rate and by doing that it allows the monitor to completely display the image thereby getting rid of most tearing and the game looks a whole lot better at the expense of speed.

StealthHawk
07-29-02, 02:28 AM
ROTFLMAO @ 2 girl/s/guy/s above me :)

Vsync limits your framerate. :)

i was responding to this I'd like to see the day when the framerate WAS ALWAYS AT 85fps....

Then I would consider turning off vsync.

what kind of monitor doesn't support an 85Hz refresh rate :p

volt
07-29-02, 02:44 AM
30.30 + rivatuner 11.1
very stable, cant complain here

oXygen
07-29-02, 10:59 AM
The Detonator 30.30s don't work fine for me. I lost several hundred 3Dmarks tru them. :(
I'll now continue to use the 29.42s...

fishlung
07-29-02, 12:24 PM
After going for some more aggressive RAM timings, my score improved quite a bit. I turned VSync off for the 3DMark bench, just to see how high it would go, but I always enable it in games. I haven't had any issues with 30.30, and I'm also using the newest RivaTuner. Things are darn spiffy. :)

StealthHawk
07-29-02, 10:15 PM
3dmark automatically disables vsync when it runs, so you don't have to disable it :)

SnakeEyes
07-30-02, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna try out the suggested UT settings in RivaTuner this evening. Currently I play the game in OpenGL, but I'm curious what D3D will be like with it tweaked as mentioned. :) (never mind the compressed textures- I deal with the 'sliding' issue in certain maps of ladder servers right now, and without the S3TC stuff/in D3D, this issue disappears).

digitalwanderer
07-30-02, 06:34 PM
They let me play GTA3 with 2x aniso enabled and it's still smooooooth! :D I tried the 30.00 set and it didn't let me get away with it, there is definately something special up with the 30.30 set.

Kruno
07-31-02, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
3dmark automatically disables vsync when it runs, so you don't have to disable it :)

Doesn't seem to be able to when forcing vsync on in RT.

StealthHawk
07-31-02, 05:27 AM

Doesn't seem to be able to when forcing vsync on in RT.

i don't use RT to force vsync on or off in D3D, there's really no reason to. the default setting in the drivers is to let applications determine whether vsync stays on or off. and since i haven't noticed tearing in any of my games in D3D it would seem that vsync stays on.

of course if you change the setting to "always on" 3dmark can no longer turn it off, as you have taken control away from the app and forced it on.

take into consideration that i have no tried to verify this information, but it was revealed to me in these forums some time ago. and it would only make sense for a benchmarking program to turn vysnc off automatically. otherwise, it would be usless. actually, i take that back. i have verified it because i see framerates higher than my monitor's refresh rate while running 3dmark :p

Gator
07-31-02, 07:34 AM
anybody got an idea when the 30.xx drivers will be made OFFICIALLY available from Nvidia.com or Gainward.com

I don't like using leak drivers (sue me! :p )

Matthyahuw
07-31-02, 12:02 PM
Don't think they are gonna be made official by anyone...too soon after the other official ones at nvidia.com...