PDA

View Full Version : Worst game ending ever

Pages : [1] 2 3

pigfukerd
11-16-03, 05:06 PM
List your least favorite game ending ever.

I thought unreal had the ****tiest ending I ever seen
:mad:

-=DVS=-
11-16-03, 05:11 PM
I don't even remember what Unreal Ending was :eek: its like 5 year old game if not older :p

But im dissapointed by Max endings to short :(

digitalwanderer
11-16-03, 05:31 PM
Unreal2, I still hate the way they ended it. :mad:

Mangler
11-16-03, 05:38 PM
Well, if we are talking about semi recent games, medal of honor..

"The end"

Nutty
11-16-03, 05:50 PM
Unreal2, I still hate the way they ended it.
Yeah, I cant believe she died.. shes soo fit! I wanted her.. :(

AthlonXP1800
11-16-03, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Unreal2, I still hate the way they ended it. :mad:

Well it not the end of Unreal 2 we know, the story will continue in Unreal 3. :D I seen Unreal 3 Technology Demo, I am impressed with it and NV50 will take full advantage of Unreal 3.

Matthius
11-16-03, 06:08 PM
ah, half-life...but then again, i was expecting it to be really strange. it couldn't have been much better though, so i suppose its one of the better ones:confused:

digitalwanderer
11-16-03, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
Well it not the end of Unreal 2 we know, the story will continue in Unreal 3. :D I seen Unreal 3 Technology Demo, I am impressed with it and NV50 will take full advantage of Unreal 3.
Unreal3 will have it's work cut out for it after the debacle that was Unreal2. :(

The Baron
11-16-03, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Halo was pretty lame too. :banghead:
What'd you expect? The Flood should all die, the Covenant should be destroyed, and Cortana should get to become a real girl and sex Master Chief up?

digitalwanderer
11-16-03, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Cortana should get to become a real girl and sex Master Chief up?
You know it! :naughty:

Edge
11-16-03, 06:23 PM
Eh, Halo wasn't THAT bad. Kinda depressing, but better then most game's "you've saved the world and everyone is happy and alive, good job!". And Unreal's wasn't that great, but coming from the Quake 2 era it was pretty damn good (what did Quake 2 end with? A guy raising his hand or something?).

But the worst "ending" (or rather lack thereof) would have to go to Soul Reaver. They didn't even try to make an ending, just a big cliff-hanger and then a "to be continued". Reminded me of the end of Matrix Reloaded.

Sazar
11-16-03, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Mangler
Well, if we are talking about semi recent games, medal of honor..

"The end"

lol.. seconded...

I was like WTF just happened... all that hardwork and no nekid teutonic babes or anything :D

that last level was tricky to run through... :D we deserved better...

saturnotaku
11-16-03, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Cortana should get to become a real girl and sex Master Chief up?

That should have been a secret alternate ending, one that you only get if you play the game all the way through without ever exiting or dying. :D

|JuiceZ|
11-16-03, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Unreal3 will have it's work cut out for it after the debacle that was Unreal2. :(

If its developed by Epic (phat chance) then it'll probably be better.

pigfukerd
11-16-03, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by pigfukerd
List your least favorite game ending ever.

I thought unreal had the ****tiest ending I ever seen
:mad:

Sorry I meant unreal 2 not unreal 1, i never played that one all the way through:D

I was getting real into unreal 2, had these artifacts from an ancient alien race, 3 misfit friends and a wierd looking dog, stage was all set the save the universe, then what happens? you firends die, the artifacts don't do jack but turn some gay looking aliens into even gayer looking aliens:mad:, ship flies into sun kills the gay looking mutated aliens, u escape and get a dumb speach about sometimes a few have to give their lives for many, wtf? I was getting seriously into the storyling, thought it was great, then it just crapped out, its like they got lazy and decided to end the ******* thing early, half finished:D
I will have second thoughts about playing through another unreal game after that garbage

stncttr908
11-16-03, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
Yeah, I cant believe she died.. shes soo fit! I wanted her.. :( Great, now I never have to finish it. :D

Smashed
11-17-03, 02:05 AM
I was kinda annoyed to see the endings were identical for all 3 character classes in the original Diablo.

eL_PuSHeR
11-17-03, 10:30 AM
Xenon 2 Megablast

nVidi0t
11-17-03, 12:49 PM
Medal of Honor, one second your blasting Nazi ass and then:

"THE END"

Pafet
11-17-03, 02:07 PM
DOOM3 Alpha

:D

nVidi0t
11-17-03, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Pafet
DOOM3 Alpha

:D

Actually, that ending was awesome! How the huge beast thing bites Doom marines head off after killing us in that dark corridor.

Riptide
11-17-03, 03:23 PM
Damn... Just my opinion, but some of you are really picky. I agree that they shouldn't have killed off the other characters towards the end of Unreal 2. That was a mistake. But it wasn't a HORRIBLE ending, IMHO. I honestly don't understand what more people expected out of Halo for cripes sakes, the game isn't really over anyway. It was made to have a sequel... Remember, there are at least 3 other ring worlds and the chief himself stated that he's "just getting started". The only thing I would've changed about that game would be to have some of the marines survive. It's kind of a bummer that NOONE but the chief and cortana made it off there alive.

digitalwanderer
11-17-03, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
Damn... Just my opinion, but some of you are really picky. I agree that they shouldn't have killed off the other characters towards the end of Unreal 2. That was a mistake. But it wasn't a HORRIBLE ending, IMHO.
I again disagree. It wasn't just the fact that they killed everyone else off, it was the WAY they did it...kind of like an afterthought just to wrap up any loose ends. :(

It was a bummer after all that work to keep 'em alive to just have them wiped out by an event that was out of your control like that. (And the protaganist/hero/player's "Oh well, they're all dead" reaction to that SUCKED! :( )

Not the worst ending of all times, but the worst one in recent memory for me. (How did Daikatana end? Did anyone bother finishing it? It might be a winner....)

Edge
11-17-03, 09:04 PM
The only thing I would've changed about that game would be to have some of the marines survive. It's kind of a bummer that NOONE but the chief and cortana made it off there alive.

Well, at least Sarge comes back in the second one. Sure, he died on Halo (he also has a funny skit at the end if you beat it on Legendary;) ), but they still decided to bring him back in the sequel. Actually he kinda reminds me of Kenny from South Park, he dies like 3 times in the origional game, and yet he's still going to be alive in Halo 2 to die again :D

NickSpolec
11-17-03, 09:12 PM
Worse game ending ever?

Heart of the Alien (sequel to Out of the World) for Sega CD.

Great game, just like the first (except you play the alien), but horrid ending.. Absolutely awful. Man, those Interplay boobs really f*cked that one up.