PDA

View Full Version : leaked 31.40 drivers, anyone tried them?

sk8bloke22
09-22-02, 04:22 PM
they're on www.guru3d.com, any word on performance?

thcdru2k
09-22-02, 04:24 PM
tried them earlier, they weren't slow but they weren't any faster than 40.41. 755 3dmarks slower actually. but the biggest problem was the darkness, playing ut2k3 demo, the color was weirdly darker than 30.82 and 40.41. not that you can't just change the settings, but it was naturally darker.

Gargr
09-22-02, 06:21 PM
Grrrrr
Only for Win2K/XP

I WANT NEW DRIVERS
Stupid nvidia

digitalwanderer
09-22-02, 06:52 PM
9x/ME users need some new driver luvin too!!!

Gator
09-22-02, 11:54 PM
I havent seen any 9x drivers, but I'll let you know if do

saturnotaku
09-23-02, 09:38 AM
Going to step in right now and say this will not turn into another 9x vs XP thread. The other thread in this forum was closed (not by me 'cause I wasn't in town) for that reason and we're not going to have a repeat performance, capisce?

Gator
09-23-02, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Going to step in right now and say this will not turn into another 9x vs XP thread. The other thread in this forum was closed (not by me 'cause I wasn't in town) for that reason and we're not going to have a repeat performance, capisce?

sorry, my bad :( I've edit my original post for you

saturnotaku
09-23-02, 01:27 PM
I appreciate it, Gator. Thanks. :)

ToastGodSupreme
09-26-02, 02:31 PM
running them right now

i may have gained an extra 1-3fps avgerage in some games with them, but then, it could just be a placebo effect

but yeah, i notice no probs :) I'll be keeping them until better ones come out (waiting for the 40s to get WHQL'ed)

ToastGodSupreme
09-26-02, 02:33 PM
thcdru2k, i noticed that only in the 927 leak of UT2k3.

the demo looks like it always has. :)

LordVampyre
09-29-02, 01:26 AM
dont want to hear any screaming at me but didnt I read that theyre not doing drivers for win98 any more?? Wasnt the cut off of support for 98 reached so no more drivers??

IF its true.. sorry guys.

intercede007
09-29-02, 02:10 AM
There is no WHQL certification for 98 anymore beacause Microsoft end-of-lifed it. They are keeping ME though. So any driver that is WHQL for ME will work for 98. It's just Microsoft..I don't think NVIDIA has any intention of ceasing 98/ME driver development.

MajBlunder
10-03-02, 01:27 PM

Well i say something about Win95 then ?
:rolleyes:

Smokey
10-03-02, 01:47 PM
Didnt anyone read this on the front page?

Warp2Search has posted a link to a set of unreleased and unsupported drivers listed as 31.40. Every OS is supported and the can be downloaded from a link within the story.

**EDIT** I just went to look for myself, you guys must be blind or lazy :p Try here for ALL OS this includs Win98/ME (http://www.fileconnect.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2142)
I dont know if ill try these, maybe, but my pc is working fine with the 30.82s I tried the 40s and I didnt have any problems. I went back to the 30.82s trying to sort out a problem im having with FSAA in DirectX but I have it with the 30.82s also. I dont think its the drivers as I didnt have it b4, no biggy for me though as I play my games at 1280*1024 with no FSAA.

LordVampyre
10-04-02, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by intercede007
There is no WHQL certification for 98 anymore beacause Microsoft end-of-lifed it. They are keeping ME though. So any driver that is WHQL for ME will work for 98. It's just Microsoft..I don't think NVIDIA has any intention of ceasing 98/ME driver development.

thank you very much for the clairification.
how ever its spelled..

digitalwanderer
10-04-02, 11:56 AM
I found them off of Adek's post over on Driver Heaven (http://www.driverheaven.net/thread.php?id=5606&p=last#last), but then rushed right over here to talk about 'em. ;)

They're the fastest dets I've EVER used on my GF3, period. They're also incredibly polished feeling, they just all around WORK for me in anything I can throw at 'em.

I just got the retail versions of UT2k3 & NOLF2 (I bought them, I'm weird that way sometimes...) and they work phenom on both!

I can't recomend trying these 9x/me ones enough, they're GREAT!

saturnotaku
10-04-02, 12:04 PM
Were you able to use those drivers without downclocking your card there, dig?

digitalwanderer
10-04-02, 02:19 PM
Were you able to use those drivers without downclocking your card there, dig?

I haven't even tried yet. Ever since I clocked her back I haven't noticed any real performance changes in games, (well, 'cept for my very favorite game 3dm2k1se.. ;) ), I've decided to keep her there for a while until the weather decides to make up it's mind whether to be hot or cold...it's still bouncing up & down on a damn near hourly basis over here. :rolleyes:

I don't expect her to have trouble though, none of the 30.xx series or the 31.00's did for me. (But the 31.00's sucked balls on my rig, that's why the 31.40s shock me so much...in a GOOD way. :) )