PDA

View Full Version : Got my Ti4200 back W/ a Suprise!

poursoul
11-17-03, 05:40 PM
You guys remember when i was bitching and moaning about my Ti4200 dying on me? Well, long story short PNY has a lifetime warranty on all thier graphics cards, and replaced mine for free.

The best part is, i sent them an NV25, and sent me an NV28! Yeah yeah, it's the same card, but with AGP 8x support, but there's nothing like getting something for nothing.

Back into the gaming arena i go.

GlowStick
11-17-03, 06:09 PM
nice!

saturnotaku
11-17-03, 06:17 PM
Always nice to get something more than you expected. Enjoy it. :)

Edge
11-17-03, 08:53 PM
Oh sure, I had almost the same thing happen to me and I made a topic almost exactly like this one a few weeks ago and I didn't get ONE reply, yet within an hour you get TWO! It's all a conspiracy I tell you! They're out to get me! :p

Anyway, enjoy the "new" card. Does it overclock better then your old one or haven't you tried yet? That was the biggest difference between the card I sent in and the one they sent me back (got almost 15% better overclocking then my old one).

GlowStick
11-17-03, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Edge
They're out to get me! :p Actually its a 'WE' and we have meetings in my basement Mondays and Fridays on new ways to get you!

Edge
11-17-03, 10:54 PM
Aha! I knew it! My paranoia was not unfounded! Who are you part of? Illuminati? Or the US secret government? Guess it's time to put on my tinfoil hat!

GlowStick
11-17-03, 11:58 PM
Aha! I knew it! My paranoia was not unfounded! Who are you part of? Illuminati? Or the US secret government? Guess it's time to put on my tinfoil hat! Ah, Tin Foil, 'OUR' old enemy, good thing 'THE ORGINIZATION' did a hostile take over of all tin foil facotrys and replaced it with brain wave permible material!

We have also bid and won all vintage tin foil on ebay, we dont like to leave lose ends : D

poursoul
11-18-03, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, and yes the meeting is still on for this week. No, edge, your not envited.

My old 4200 was purple with ramsinks and a pretty slick looking heatsink. Viewed here:

http://www.gamersdepot.com/hardware/video_cards/pny/gf4_ti4200/main_shot.jpg

My new one is that ugly brown that the OG GF256's came in, ASUS style. But it does overclock more, so far 10 Mhz more on the core and memory..... WITHOUT RAMSINKS! I'm being very warry of going much further, but i'm holding 100% stable at 320/620. Not bad eh?

oh yeah here's a pic that looks just like the new one, but it's not it:

http://www.unitycorp.co.jp/products/vga_geforce4/detail/v9280td/2.jpg

ChrisRay
11-18-03, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by poursoul
Thanks for the replies guys, and yes the meeting is still on for this week. No, edge, your not envited.

My old 4200 was purple with ramsinks and a pretty slick looking heatsink. Viewed here:

http://www.gamersdepot.com/hardware/video_cards/pny/gf4_ti4200/main_shot.jpg

My new one is that ugly brown that the OG GF256's came in, ASUS style. But it does overclock more, so far 10 Mhz more on the core and memory..... WITHOUT RAMSINKS! I'm being very warry of going much further, but i'm holding 100% stable at 320/620. Not bad eh?

oh yeah here's a pic that looks just like the new one, but it's not it:

http://www.unitycorp.co.jp/products/vga_geforce4/detail/v9280td/2.jpg

Thats the same PNY Geforce 4 I have in my second computer :P I loved the way it looked. Shame it died. Hope mine dont die :O

Purple one btw. heh Most interesting PCB I have ever seen.

Edge
11-18-03, 03:40 AM
Wow, 320/620, that is a nice overclock. Mine is solid at 315/580. I can push the core up to 325 but after a while it will lock up, and I've brought the memory up to 630 but then I see all these white dots that are slightly distracting (yay for video artifacts telling you when you've overclocked too much:D). So far I've been pretty lucky on all my cards, it seems like no matter what card I get I can overclock the thing by at least around 30% (and in the case of my TNT2M64 and GF2MX, I was able to overclock them by nearly 50%:eek:) Oh, and as far as card cosmetics, it was my old one that was drab, and my new one that looked cool (has a much better looking PCB). Also it seemed shorter, and the heatsync seems better.

Well enjoy the new card, it's nice to randomly get something for free. Though this talk of meetings and conspiracys really has me jumpy...well, back to playing Deus Ex ;)

Shion Uzuki
11-18-03, 04:49 PM
but hey, I am guessing Asus use higher quality capacitors and other semiconductor parts... plus the NV28 update from NV25... thus OC better :)

congrats!

poursoul
11-18-03, 11:19 PM
It's really funny you mention the capacitors, that is what failed on the old board. They were the old style thin-walled type. The new card has those bad-ass capacitors, thick walls. That is probably what's allowing the extra overclock.

BTW: It's still just a pny board, i just mentioned asus because they used to use only that ugly brown on thier cards.

Rampant CL
11-19-03, 01:39 AM
Aha! I knew it! My paranoia was not unfounded! Who are you part of? Illuminati? Or the US secret government? Guess it's time to put on my tinfoil hat!

*whispers*

psssst

hey guys, hes on to us!

ill post the signal below, you know what to do. Notify all the machine shops, we must take tot he streets!

http://www.nvidiot.com/kabee/owned.jpg