PDA

View Full Version : max payne 2 demo released

jAkUp
11-17-03, 05:49 PM
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=45472

for everyone who hasnt played the game, a demo was released today, very big download, but its a fantastic game.

AthlonXP1800
11-17-03, 06:09 PM
Max Payne 2 demo? well I got the full game, I wished Out Run 2 demo released today. :lol:

Malfunction
11-22-03, 11:06 AM
I downloaded the demo a few days ago. I gotta get this game now. :D I'm using Det 53.03's and have Image Settings are always set to: Quality, Mip Map Detail is: Best Image Quality, no AA/no AF although I am gonna give it a try. I am hitting a constant 85FPS though I do keep Vsync on so it stays smooth and my monitor only allows 85Hz at 1280x960. Game settings are at low, so since I am hitting 85fps on occasionally get a dip down to 43fps... I have a bit of head room to adjust some quality.

Awesome game and fierce action!

Peace,

:D

adv1
11-22-03, 12:41 PM
I was looking forward to this demo, but I was a bit disappointed when I played through it.

MP2 looks like being an OK game, but it doesn't have the 'wow' factor that the original game had when it came out. And it feels like a mission pack not a new game, so I don't really think it's worth paying full price for.

Malfunction
11-22-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by adv1
I was looking forward to this demo, but I was a bit disappointed when I played through it.

MP2 looks like being an OK game, but it doesn't have the 'wow' factor that the original game had when it came out. And it feels like a mission pack not a new game, so I don't really think it's worth paying full price for.

Ahh see, this is my first time playing a Max Payne anything, so I don't know what I was missing from the 1st title. For me, it's very cool. I had no idea it was like you are immersed in a comic book. Very cool, especially the slow motion and blurr effects. Even seeing the sniper rifle being used in the videos was a blast.

Suppose I might look for a rebate of some sorts or deal before purchasing.

Peace,

:)

jAkUp
11-22-03, 01:42 PM
i dunno.. i seemed to enjoy it more so than the first max payne... better graphics, and the ragdoll effects are super cool:)

netviper13
11-22-03, 04:39 PM
The ragdoll effects are what impress me most. An interactive environment just has that "wow" effect.

adv1
11-22-03, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I can see it being pretty amazing if you haven't played the first MP, I remember how cool it all looked in the original game's demo (the first time you fired the sniper rifle and saw the bullet hit the target in slo-mo was great).

The ragdoll effects/ karma/ whatever in MP2 are quite impressive though they seemed a bit too much at times - eg. when I slightly bumped into that one guy that helps you out in the demo, he kind of got flung across the room, which seemed a bit over the top to me.

I did like the way Max can now stay on the ground for a while after a dive rather than just getting straight back up, that was quite a cool new feature.