PDA

View Full Version : 5700Go

bkswaney
11-17-03, 10:52 PM
So will it put Nvidia back on top in that market?
Input please. :)

Any reviews?

The Baron
11-17-03, 10:55 PM
Looking at the specs, I'm unimpressed. Would've liked to see some better RAM--then it would have beaten the M10.

Still, I'm glad because it means that Linux laptops are a possibility (and God knows that once I have a laptop, it's going to run Linux. Period. I can run Photoshop and games on my desktop computer.).

volt
11-17-03, 11:55 PM
There is a preview at Bjorn3D ;)

http://www.************/_preview.php?articleID=372

thor1182
11-18-03, 12:38 AM
I'm wondering when we will see these. Its better than my NV 5600Go, and I'm thinking of staying NV becuase I know how to mod desktop drivers for mobile's. The real factor for me is if AW will keep the standard for thier cards that they have for thier current Area 51m's.

Nothing like a laptop iwth user upgradable graphics card

MikeC
11-18-03, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by thor1182
I'm wondering when we will see these.

From the press release:

Today, the GeForce FX Go5700 is shipping to OEMs and ODMs worldwide, with production quantities available in December. Systems based on the GeForce FX Go5700 are expected to be available to end users in Q1 2004.

Sazar
11-18-03, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Looking at the specs, I'm unimpressed. Would've liked to see some better RAM--then it would have beaten the M10.

Still, I'm glad because it means that Linux laptops are a possibility (and God knows that once I have a laptop, it's going to run Linux. Period. I can run Photoshop and games on my desktop computer.).

on the whole it does look to be a bigger step up from the 5600GO than I thought they would be able to come up with..

I havent seen any powerdraw numbers beyond the stock pr but they look decent enough given the specs...

also the feature set is not bad considering...

higher clocked ram may have been an issue with the OEM's perhaps due to increased power/heat ? thats the only thing I can think of given nvidia's propensity for using faster ram than the competition...

The Baron
11-18-03, 08:50 AM
Yeah, that occurred to me, Saz. But I don't know how big of a heat increase there is between 300Mhz DDR and 400Mhz DDR. I wonder if anyone can let us know (you know who you are)? ;)

Hanners
11-18-03, 09:02 AM
It doesn't seem too bad, but not enough to seriously challenge an M10, let alone the forthcoming M11.