PDA

View Full Version : eVGA eGeforce FX 5950 Ultra Review Feedback!

MUYA
11-18-03, 05:07 AM
JonathanM has finsihed his review of a eVGA eGeforce FX 5950 Ultra (http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/evga_geforce_fx_5950_ultra/index.shtml)

Feedbacks here as I am sure he would love to hear what your guys think.

Sazar
11-18-03, 05:58 AM
nice job...

I liked the pretty pictures :cool:

volt
11-18-03, 08:37 AM
Good review. Though I'm very dissatisfied with overclocked results.

JonathanM
11-18-03, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by volt

Yeah, I was hoping to eek out a tad more performance than that. Although I did downclock it from the auto-detect settings.

One thing that absolutely needs fixing is that once the memory speed has supassed 1 GHz, the driver window tacks on an additional 10 MHz for each click, whereas they provide about 2-3 MHz for each click before that.

(I don't kniow how clear that sounds but it's been a rough day for me. ;) )

Sazar
11-18-03, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JonathanM
Yeah, I was hoping to eek out a tad more performance than that. Although I did downclock it from the auto-detect settings.

One thing that absolutely needs fixing is that once the memory speed has supassed 1 GHz, the driver window tacks on an additional 10 MHz for each click, whereas they provide about 2-3 MHz for each click before that.

(I don't kniow how clear that sounds but it's been a rough day for me. ;) )

any 3rd party apps you can use to oc it w/o the 10mhz increments ?

|JuiceZ|
11-18-03, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by volt

It really varies, don't know if anyone saw my overclocking thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20203) using that card but it currently runs fine at the specs in my sig.

MikeC
11-18-03, 05:02 PM
I thought Jonathan did an excellent job updating his preview. I was especially impressed with the improvement in his writing style. This is one area I also spend a great deal of time on and try to get the words to flow naturally from one sentence to the next.

He included some great pictures of the card and the selection of games he used to test performance was right on target.

Jonathan stuck to his word by coming through with an update and I'm sure that eVGA appreciates the effort.

JonathanM
11-18-03, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
any 3rd party apps you can use to oc it w/o the 10mhz increments ?

Yes, which is why I made it a point to mention in the current NVIDIA driver control panel. They simply have to improve this within the drivers. I mean, its such a waste to have some these cool features but be cripppled because of such a lame item.

ragejg
11-18-03, 08:20 PM
That was a nice friggin review!! Good job Jonathan!! :)