PDA

View Full Version : DeusEx2 Invisible War demo available tomorrow

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

digitalwanderer
11-19-03, 09:41 AM
I was reading Hanners bit about it over at Elite Bastards and am now trying to remember what engine it's based on....is it "Source"?!?

sytaylor
11-19-03, 09:54 AM
The first one was a heavily modified UT engine, so that wouldnt suprise me, but with the amount of things theyre doing with it, it could be something else, and is no doubt heavily modified.

digitalwanderer
11-19-03, 10:12 AM
Doh! You're right, it's a modified UT engine.

MUYA
11-19-03, 10:21 AM
/me salivates.....:drooling:

SS and movies of gameplay of Deus Ex 2 were secseh and I loved Deus Ex. Can't wait for the dmeo to be unleashed.

BTW, will Deus Ex 2 have MP?

Kal

jAkUp
11-19-03, 10:29 AM
its the unreal warfare engine:)

Sazar
11-19-03, 10:59 AM
I wasn't that big a fan of deus ex's mp play.... but it was a dl patch released a bit after the sp came out...

volt
11-19-03, 11:10 AM
Damn I hated DeusEx. No really I did

NAZCA M12
11-19-03, 11:35 AM
Now that i think of it, Deus, Undying and Half Life installed/unistalled on my system about 10 times before i finally started playing them. During these first times they made me no serious impression, thus i got bored and i never went further than the first level. Of course they proved a lot better after they got going. As for the engine, its sort of a Warfare one, but not so Unrealish anymore. Thief III has a heavily tweaked UW engine with re-written renderer, AI, sound propagation etc, so the same stuff goes for IW.

vampireuk
11-19-03, 01:10 PM
Deus Ex Deus Ex!!

I live for that game:D

digitalwanderer
11-19-03, 01:19 PM
I sort of hated the original when it first came out, but I was trying to run it on a rage128 (non-Pro). :rolleyes:

I still played it thru with crap framerates and all...it really was a great game with some killer replay value. :)

saturnotaku
11-19-03, 01:24 PM
I couldn't really get into the original game. It sure looked nice, and the gameplay was decent, but it didn't really hold my interest enough to warrant finishing it.

CaptNKILL
11-19-03, 02:38 PM
The demo is really coming out tomorrow?
This isnt a hoax is it?:confused:

RAY16
11-19-03, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
The demo is really coming out tomorrow?
This isnt a hoax is it?:confused:

People are talking about this on the Ion Storm forum, and so far the devs haven't denied it. Fileplanet and shacknews have also said its coming out tomorrow, or so i've heard.

CaptNKILL
11-19-03, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by RAY16
People are talking about this on the Ion Storm forum, and so dar the devs haven't denied it. Fileplanet and shacknews have also said its coming out tomorrow, or so i've heard.
sssssswwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Edge
11-19-03, 07:41 PM
Ahh, good old Deus Ex. I remember playing through the entire game on my 200 mhz computer. Who would've though you can beat an entire game at 4 fps?

Man, I can't wait for the Deus Ex: Invisible War demo. My modems going to be busy tomarrow ;)

RAY16
11-19-03, 08:35 PM
Just a reminder for people who haven't heard yet. This game requires PS 1.1 and VS 1.1, nothing below GeForce 3/Radeon 8500 supported. So you people with GF4MX and below, don't waste your time.

CaptNKILL
11-19-03, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by RAY16
Just a reminder for people who haven't heard yet. This game requires PS 1.1 and VS 1.1, nothing below GeForce 3/Radeon 8500 supported. So you people with GF4MX and below, don't waste your time.
What about software emulation? If Edge beat DX at 4fps, someone can beat DX:IW at 4fps too :p

demonized
11-20-03, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
What about software emulation? If Edge beat DX at 4fps, someone can beat DX:IW at 4fps too :p

as long as you dont start moving at 4fps after playing the game:D

Edge
11-20-03, 05:32 AM
Well, in commemoration of the launching of the DX:IW demo, I've decided to update my avatar. Hmm, maybe I should play through the DX:IW demo on my 200 mhz computer, as a tradition:)

Oh, and videogames can have strange effects on your thought process. After playing Planetside for over a month on my laggy 56k modem, I started to think that in real life I could cross streets when there were still cars on it because by the time my connection catches up to them, they'd already have passed. Luckly when I had that thought it only lasted for a second before the common sense part of my brain kicked in :D

Sotos
11-20-03, 06:31 AM
Man Deus EX rulez!!!!!
I liked so much it's scenario and the non-linear sollution of these game
You had so many sollutions and many free-movements in DX1 to finish a stage

I hope 2 will be even better :)
Even if the new hero is not so cool as was Agent Denton of Deux Ex 1

It is my first choice and HL2 and Doom3 comes second for me :)
even if the Dx2 3d engine is not the best compared to Hl2 and Doom3

I can't wait for buying it for Christmas :D

thenerdguy
11-20-03, 07:13 AM
Well its the 20th No demo yet.

jAkUp
11-20-03, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Edge
Oh, and videogames can have strange effects on your thought process. After playing Planetside for over a month on my laggy 56k modem, I started to think that in real life I could cross streets when there were still cars on it because by the time my connection catches up to them, they'd already have passed. Luckly when I had that thought it only lasted for a second before the common sense part of my brain kicked in :D

lol that kinda stuff always happens to me.... very strange. sometimes as i pass by a building or something complex, i get ready for it to lag... lol im going crazy

The Baron
11-20-03, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
lol that kinda stuff always happens to me.... very strange. sometimes as i pass by a building or something complex, i get ready for it to lag... lol im going crazy
Happens to me after I play a lot of GTA. :) "Ooh! A motorcycle! Mine!" *floors it to hit the motorcylcle* "**** WAIT! BAD IDEA!"

digitalwanderer
11-20-03, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
Calvin & Hobbes flashback! :D
Calvin: Go ahead down. You'll miss all those trees. You can do it. You'll stop before you go over that ledge at the bottom. You won't go into that pond. Besides, the ice is probably real thick anyway. Go ahead down.
Calvin: My brain is trying to kill me.

vampireuk
11-20-03, 01:26 PM
Damnit, I want Deus Ex 2!!

And also hints on how to get the original working again:cry: