PDA

View Full Version : VIVO & ASUS v9950 Ultra/TD (NVidia FX-5900 Ultra)

hpm21
11-24-03, 07:13 AM
Recently purchased an nvidia based ASUS v9950 Ultra (FX-5900 Ultra) card.

Although the ASUS sight explicitly states that in has video-in, this does not seem to be working. It has a VIVO port but:

1. The nvidia WDM capture driver fails to start.
When reporting the issue to ASUS, they replied, the Ultra/TD model does not have a Video-In capability (although on their web site they claimed otherwise) and only the Ultra/TVD model does. After receiving my complaints, they changed their web site!!!

The card does have a port called (and marked) "VIVO"

Any ideas?

2. When outputing to TV, a wavy line (left to right) appears on the TV (SONY 100hz 32" TV)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MUYA
11-24-03, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by hpm21
Recently purchased an nvidia based ASUS v9950 Ultra (FX-5900 Ultra) card.

Although the ASUS sight explicitly states that in has video-in, this does not seem to be working. It has a VIVO port but:

1. The nvidia WDM capture driver fails to start.
When reporting the issue to ASUS, they replied, the Ultra/TD model does not have a Video-In capability (although on their web site they claimed otherwise) and only the Ultra/TVD model does. After receiving my complaints, they changed their web site!!!

The card does have a port called (and marked) "VIVO"

Any ideas?

2. When outputing to TV, a wavy line (left to right) appears on the TV (SONY 100hz 32" TV)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok 2nd take, I made a mistake on replying to this post earlier

Look here dude;
http://www.asus.com/products/vga/v9950u/overview.htm
Scroll down to the v9950 Model List.

There are 3 versions, Deluxe, TVD and TD. Only the Deluxe and TVD models have video in. the TD doesn't have Video In.

You are out of luck on that count dude. :(

Exchange it for a deluxe or TVD model if you want Video In!

Cheers
MUYA

hpm21
11-24-03, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by MUYA
Ok 2nd take, I made a mistake on replying to this post earlier

Look here dude;
http://www.asus.com/products/vga/v9950u/overview.htm
Scroll down to the v9950 Model List.

There are 3 versions, Deluxe, TVD and TD. Only the Deluxe and TVD models have video in. the TD doesn't have Video In.

You are out of luck on that count dude. :(

Exchange it for a deluxe or TVD model if you want Video In!

Cheers
MUYA

Thnx for the reply, as I daid, their web-site originally stated otherwise (that the TD model also had VI) After I complained, they changed/corrected their web site, but didn't bother answering my problem

Any ideas about the wavy lines on the TV-Out?

Thnx!

MUYA
11-24-03, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by hpm21
Thnx for the reply, as I daid, their web-site originally stated otherwise (that the TD model also had VI) After I complained, they changed/corrected their web site, but didn't bother answering my problem

Any ideas about the wavy lines on the TV-Out?

Thnx!

Ah I should learn to read properly too! doh! :D

Well, sorry about that!

I have no ideas on the wavy line thing as I do not use TV out or, an NV card for that matter. Just wait a lil longer, someone might come here to help you out.

FYI ASUS's UK website still has their products table as the TD model having the Video In as well

http://uk.asus.com/products/vga/v9950/overview.htm

Give 'em grief? :p

MUYA

gstanford
11-24-03, 06:33 PM
How are you connecting the card to the TV? S-Video cable or S-Video to composite adaptor cable?

Unfortunately the adaptor cables do a very poor job (you can make a composite signal by mashing the S-Video signal together like lots of card makers do, but the quality sucks, however it is cheap since doing it properly requires filtering circuitry).

hpm21
11-25-03, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by gstanford
How are you connecting the card to the TV? S-Video cable or S-Video to composite adaptor cable?

Unfortunately the adaptor cables do a very poor job (you can make a composite signal by mashing the S-Video signal together like lots of card makers do, but the quality sucks, however it is cheap since doing it properly requires filtering circuitry).

S-Video cable. Someone recommended to hook it up, through an adaptor to the SCART-IN and now it works fine!

Thnx