PDA

View Full Version : I saw Doom 3 , Game Preview

Pages : [1] 2 3

-=DVS=-
11-26-03, 03:29 PM
CD Came with Computer Gameing World ,its 3 minute high quality in game action :drooling:

Dang it looks good so much better then any picture or that leaked alpha :eek: Deus Ex 2 sucks compared to Doom 3 :D

Anyone else saw it ? gotta love all those enviromental light effects :drooling:

Edited some miss typed words.

volt
11-26-03, 03:41 PM
Can you post it somewhere? :)

nin_fragile14
11-26-03, 03:41 PM
That sounds awesome. Is it available at bookstores yet?

Sotos
11-26-03, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
CD Came with Computer Gameing World ,its 3 minute high quality in game action :drooling:

Dang it looks good so much better then any picture or that leaked alpha :eek: Deus Ex 2 sucks compared to Doom 3 :D

Anyone else saw it ? gotta low all those enviromental light effects :drooling:

Well Doom3 is a "mindless" shoot everything FPS
Kill all - find the key - exit to next stage, kill all - find the key - exit to next stage, kill all - find the key - exit to next stage etc

Deus Ex 2 is\was supposed to be much more deep than only shooting everything...
With a extrardonary scenario and puzzles with more that one sollution to be solved

They are both total different type of First person shooters (the Deus ex 2 has RPG elements also)
the only thing that you can really compare them is in graphics of course :)

ragejg
11-26-03, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sotos
Kill all - find the key - exit to next stage, kill all - find the key - exit to next stage, kill all - find the key - exit to next stage etc

Deus Ex 2 is\was supposed to be much more deep than only shooting everything...
With a extrardonary scenario and puzzles with more that one sollution to be solved

They are both total different type of First person shooters (the Deus ex 2 has RPG elements also)
the only thing that you can really compare them is in graphics of course :)

Have you played the full version?

Care to make any other quick-trigger generalizations while you're at it?

"mindless" ... meh...:angel2: :angel:

-=DVS=-
11-26-03, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by volt
Can you post it somewhere? :)

heh i wish i had good server to post its 175meg video :(

Game reminds me alot of resident evil , story goes its MARS , some secret labs started experimenting on some crazy S*** and all hell broke loose :eek: with demons comeing out of some sort of gate something like HalfLife , scientis getting killd and all , nice scripting monsters getting throu doors and from floor/ventilation an all , and single marine fights its way , shadows and lighting effects add so much to the game even if its gonna be simple shoot em up game :drooling: very nice light maps and bump maps also :) its gonna be more stuff to do then just collect keys im sure like accesing computer console similar to Deus Ex.....

Hopefully more game developers will use Doom 3 engine :D

The Baron
11-26-03, 04:12 PM
I cannot wait for the Star Wars game that uses the Doom 3 engine. Turn on the lightsaber, make all sorts of insane shadows. Twirl the lightsaber, shadows go crazy.

GOD, that will rock. :D

jAkUp
11-26-03, 04:22 PM
dammit i wanna see that movie!!! :(

Malfunction
11-26-03, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
heh i wish i had good server to post its 175meg video :(

Game reminds me alot of resident evil , story goes its MARS , some secret labs started experimenting on some crazy S*** and all hell broke loose :eek: with demons comeing out of some sort of gate something like HalfLife , scientis getting killd and all , nice scripting monsters getting throu doors and from floor/ventilation an all , and single marine fights its way , shadows and lighting effects add so much to the game even if its gonna be simple shoot em up game :drooling: very nice light maps and bump maps also :) its gonna be more stuff to do then just collect keys im sure like accesing computer console similar to Deus Ex.....

Hopefully more game developers will use Doom 3 engine :D

Hey -=DVS=-, what is the file name at least. Maybe someone has already uploaded it somewhere or something. Then we could just find out were and get it. :D

I knew it was going to be a kick@$$ game!!! :cool:

Peace,

:)

SH64
11-26-03, 05:14 PM
This thread is worthless w/o pics/vid :D

Malfunction
11-26-03, 05:16 PM
It's not this one is it?

D3 Vid (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_doom3_e3_2k3_pc.html)

Peace,

:confused:

-=DVS=-
11-26-03, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Malfunction
It's not this one is it?

D3 Vid (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_doom3_e3_2k3_pc.html)

Peace,

:confused:

heh yeah almoust same , except the one i got is DVD quality recording, but contents is same :p

I didn't saw it on internet , thought it was new , but it does look kick ass :D

BTW file name is Doom3_final.mov is 175MB

gmontem
11-26-03, 08:08 PM
Can you share it on the eDonkey network? Just give us the ed2k url when it's ready. :)

jAkUp
11-26-03, 09:49 PM
damn link dont work :(

Kandoko
11-26-03, 09:55 PM
Heres a hash I made from the video with shareazza

ed2k (ed2k://|file|Doom3_final.mov|179267394|bcfc0ac67948d7f3d1 eff6dadfe15728|/)

and

Sharazza Magnet (magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:PT5RLY44R3JLKPHEORF43BEBV 55SCGZP.LCCB6ZZGUVKZU5RSKARCWJQWCD5FADUKSAYMK5I&dn=Doom3_final.mov)

I guess the video is a retread but here are some screenshots

Here (http://members.nuvox.net/~wfranks/)

Nv40
11-26-03, 10:55 PM
hey everyone re-share the doom3 video in edonkey.. :)
the more sources the better.. if anyone can post screenshots..
i will really aprecciate it.. :)

update..

mmm.. this video
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_doom3_e3_2k3_pc.html

is the old video of doom3 at E3.. :(
i thought it was a new one.. can anyone confirm this?
but still a higher quality video is always welcome..

Zenikase
11-26-03, 11:59 PM
Torrent, anyone?

Greg
11-27-03, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Sotos

Originally posted by ragejg

I'm sure he hasn't played the full version and it is a generalisation probably far from the fact.... But, you can play DeusEx 2 through without killing anyone? I don't think you can do that in Doom 3; but why would you want to? I reckon the game is being delayed so it is packed with content other than the old key and gun thing. I'm also looking forward to see how the full DeusEx2 looks. The lighting in the demo was low contrast and a little disapointing, though nicely dynamic for a change.

sytaylor
11-27-03, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Kandoko
Heres a hash I made from the video with shareazza

:smoking2:

sorry couldnt resist

Sotos
11-27-03, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by ragejg

FULL VERSION????:confused:
The only version released is the Alpha

Just go play Doom 1 and Doom 2 and then tell me if they are not mindless or not
What makes you think that Doom3 will be so different...???
just because you will open the doors from consoles and not with keys or because it will have speech these time in some scenes...give me a break...:angel2:

Doom series Scenario: Reminds a B MOVIE....
Hell brakes loose from terran experiments and demons attack from dimension of Hell bla bla bla
The worst and most simple Science fiction scenario ever....

Doom 1 and 2 Objectives:
Kill Monsters - find the key - exit
:angel2::angel2:

Deus ex is much more superior from that in scenario and much more deep than pointless shooting everything you see and search for keys (or other ways) to open a door to go to next stage

The only bad thing Deus EX IW has compared to Doom (3) is in graphics but in scenario (single player) Deus ex is simply much more better

and lets not forget that Deus Ex Iw has also RPG elements while Doom 3 has not....

Conclussion
Deus Ex Iw is not only a FPS that shoot and kill everything....it is a Fps\Rpg so you can not really compare it with DOOM 3 which is only a standard FPS

vampireuk
11-27-03, 09:20 AM
Sotos sit down while I duct tape your hands to your ears

ragejg
11-27-03, 09:58 AM
:-l

Hmmmmm, a quote, and then a rebroadcast of previously posted hogwash. Nice. Please take your DeusEx2 lovin to a DeusEx2 lovin thread. Yes, it has its merits... but we're talking about Doom3 here... a game which none of us can/should make judgements on due to the fact that it hasn't been released yet... anyone throwing around generalizations based on the Alpha is NOT a concientious(sp?) gamer, and probably has an improper and underdeveloped undersatnding of the video game industry. oh yeah, Doom1 & Doom2... those were how long ago? There's no point in comparing a '93 and '95 game with an '04 game, really.... Not only that, but the original Doom games themselves should be appreciated more than ridiculed... they helped start the genre... a lot of hard work went into them to improve on the formula started by Wolf3d...

sheesh...

Sotos, your love for hatred oozes from your posts, and even extends to your signature. I speak for the community when I say "we're getting kind of sick of it"... Shape up or ship out, d00d.

ragejg
11-27-03, 10:08 AM
And I noticed something else, Sotos... both of your post here have you clearly comparing all elements of both games, and then you state that you CAN'T compare them? ... That's kind of like, um, quoting yourself and then arguing with what you quoted... a move we've seen before (and laughed at) ...

ragejg's going on a rant? no, not quite... His posts were just the poop in my wheaties this morning... :p

I haven't ranted yet.

ragejg
11-27-03, 10:11 AM
so... ///BACK ON TOPIC///

I haven't DL'ed the file yet, as the only Doom3 related thing I've had time for is the minidoom opengl flyby utility... it has possible benchmark uses...

NAZCA M12
11-27-03, 11:07 AM
Is there any firm date for D3? Last time i checked, it was supposed to be sth like March/April '04. Is this on guys? :confused: