PDA

View Full Version : Geforce MX4000?!?!?!?!

DSC
11-27-03, 03:49 AM
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20031126102238.html

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Do we really NEED another DX7 class card in 2004.... my GAWD.......

:rolleyes: :wtf: :screwy:

-=DVS=-
11-27-03, 03:57 AM
Isnt FX5200 dirty cheap and have DX9 support :wtf: realy..... dx7 with 2 pipes... its like TNT2 age card :D integrated video cards can do the same :rolleyes:

Unit01
11-27-03, 04:10 AM
Perhaps it's mainly for OEM and entry level computers + low end computers. Not something we might see in retail channel in large quantities maybe.

No need to worry, until someone buys it from the retail channels :D

MUYA
11-27-03, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by DSC
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20031126102238.html

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Do we really NEED another DX7 class card in 2004.... my GAWD.......

:rolleyes: :wtf: :screwy:

This is probably intended for the very low end market such as China, South Asia and parts of SE Asia, parts of S. America, parts of Africa and maybe even middle eastern countries. Makes sense for those regions

MUYA

bkswaney
11-27-03, 05:02 AM
NVIDIA is about to announce a low-cost version of its GeForce4 MX440-8x for cost-effective personal computers. The new product is expected to receive GeForce MX4000 brand-name and to substitute some other inexpensive solutions from NVIDIA and its add-in-card partners.

The solution will be based on the good-old NVIDIA GeForce4 MX design supporting DirectX 7 capabilities as well as Vertex Shader processing. The GPU has two rendering pipelines with two TMUs per each – NVIDIA’s proven and efficient architecture of DirectX 7 class chips. The graphics processor of the new GeForce MX4000 design is rumored to be clocked at 275MHz.

Unlike the GeForce4 MX440SE, the new GeForce MX4000 will support 128-bit memory bus for up to 64 or 128MB of DDR SDRAM at 400MHz, according to DarkCrow web-site. As a result, expect the solution to be relatively good at quite some games like the Quake III Arena without a lot of eye-candy, of course, but with sufficient frame-rate.

The main destination of the MX4000-based graphics cards is not gamer’s market, but the market of office and educational PCs. Offering D-Sub, DVI-I and TV-Out connectors and packing some 3D features, the GeForce MX4000 may become a reasonable choice for office computers, or machines used by educational institutions. Up to this year NVIDIA sold its TNT2- and GeForce2 MX-series into those markets. Now the company is moving here with a little bit better solution.

The GeForce MX4000 solution could be designed for OEMs or some particular AIBs and at this point it is hard to elaborate on its availability.

The information about the GeForce MX4000 is fully unofficial and no NVIDIA representative has commented on it so far. Therefore, I advice the readers to take the details with a grain of salt and also keep in mind that specifications of entry-level graphics cards are always subject to vary from model to model.

It's a good bus idea.
I bet the oem's were asking for a cheap card with halfass performance
for budget system.
Sounds like a card for the once in a while gaming.
I bet is has better performance than the 5200. "lol" :angel:

yoladude
11-27-03, 04:38 PM
i would think they could just do this with like, an underclocked 4200 chip; and at least then, the market could have more dx8 compatibility. and adding another zero after the MX would mean something. they're renaming it to a higher number, and changing nothing. bastards.

sxotty
11-27-03, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by yoladude
i would think they could just do this with like, an underclocked 4200

Yeah they should just to get more dx8 in market, and then people who see how pretty things can be might decide to buy themselves a real card.

Waltz King
11-28-03, 08:24 AM
I'm working in a small computer store in Germany, and we still sell quite a lot Radeon 7000-based cards for office computers - and remember, that's not even a "real" Radeon chip with basic T&L, it's DirectX6 class!
Some months ago we even sold no-name TNT2 M64-based cards for lowest-end-computers (but they are not available any more). For internet browsing and "MS Word", that's really enough. The TNT2 M64 with its 64bit-memory bus is roughly as fast as the good old Riva TNT - absolutely no match for this new GF MX 4000; that one should perform much better, and being based upon a GF4MX with 128bit-DDR, it's even faster than a GeForce2 Pro/Ultra if I'm not mistaken. Not that bad for an office system if you ask me!

So I think this makes perfect sense - who needs DirectX8 or even DX9 in his office PC after all? These cards are not for gaming, but they seem to have two display outputs with two RAMDACs and can be cooled passively - and if they are cheaper than the 5200er cards, I'd recommend them to everybody in search for a pure office system.

(Hope you guys understand my English!)

Gator
11-28-03, 08:29 AM
maybe Nvidia had some left over GF4MX cores?

If they price it REALLY dirt cheap, then it's a perfectly fine card for Office apps only. Any respectable gamer is not gonna buy this thing, and that's ok. I'm surprised they aren't trying to push the 5200 series though, hence these gotta be leftovers or something

DSC
11-28-03, 11:47 AM
Darkcrow has pictures of a GF MX4000 card, you can see them on their front page.

http://www.darkcrow.co.kr/image/news/0311/spmx4000box.jpg

http://www.darkcrow.co.kr/image/news/0311/SP7310TC.jpg

http://www.darkcrow.co.kr/image/news/0311/SP7310Ts.jpg

:rolleyes: :lol: :rofl

vampireuk
11-28-03, 12:10 PM
Whats so funny? It's a cheap graphics card that OEMs can use.

LOL NVIDIA SUXX0RZ!!!!

U CNT PLAY DOOM3 ON THATZ

:rolleyes:

DSC
11-28-03, 12:13 PM
Because the 5200(128bit mem bus cards) has the same speed, and PS1.3/1.4(sorry, the PS2.0 shader speed on 5200 is just unusable) unit to boot, which has around the performance of a GF3 Ti200. It's far prettier to play games with a PS capable card at the same speeds of a GF4 MX. Not to mention the 5200 is cheap, it's a shame to release a DX7 class card in 2004. :confused:

vampireuk
11-28-03, 12:17 PM
These cards won't be for gaming, as said a bit further up they will be used as budget cards for budget systems. :)

Uttar
11-28-03, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DSC
Because the 5200(128bit mem bus cards) has the same speed

Fact: 45M > 30M transistors
Conclusion: MX4000 price < FX5200 price

Uttar