PDA

View Full Version : Triple head for NV4X?

OldOfEvil
11-28-03, 01:00 AM
One thing I always liked about Parhelia was Triple head, any chance we might see something similar on the next gen cards from either graphic camps?

PoorGuy
11-28-03, 02:49 AM
Triple head is a niche category. Three monitors, especially three 19" LCD's, is cost-prohibitive to 80% of the video card population. This gimick wouldn't go too far.

MUYA
11-28-03, 03:06 AM
Or U could get 3 cheap 14" or 15" monitors? Oooh surround gaming.....ooohhh :drooling:

Yuet
11-28-03, 06:31 AM
Unless there is hugh demands for it, I am not sure whether we can see triple head in near future. Dual head is already good for desktop work, just can't imagine what it will be like using triple head. And for surround gaming, so far, I like those I sees in motor racing game that appearred both in PC and arcade, I thought it was a cool idea :afro: but I am not so sure practically (hugh desk, thin side case monitor, cost, etc)

saturnotaku
11-28-03, 06:58 AM
Had the Parhelia been more of a gaming video card (and also not so expensive compared to a Ti4600) surround gaming probably would have become a viable option. What I really want from an NV40/R420 is dual DVI. Only one non-Matrox card has ever had this.

Paul
11-28-03, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
What I really want from an NV40/R420 is dual DVI. Only one non-Matrox card has ever had this.

Agreed, they need to bite the bullet and go with this. Include a conversion cable, and everyone is covered. 2 LCD's running from 2x DVI = win

The Baron
11-28-03, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Paul
Agreed, they need to bite the bullet and go with this. Include a conversion cable, and everyone is covered. 2 LCD's running from 2x DVI = win
That might even prompt me to go deep into debt and buy 2 2001FPs when they come out along with an NV40/R420 :D

saturnotaku
11-28-03, 02:54 PM
If I had a bigger computer desk, I would get another LCD. But my workspace is pretty small (though highly efficient).

OldOfEvil
11-30-03, 07:26 AM
Is it really that much of a hassle to include a 3 display output solution? Or was that one of the reason the Matrox card was so -still is- expensive..

Thinking about getting one off ebay for my "work" computer.. I have two LCD's that could be used along side my CRT..