PDA

View Full Version : The Better Game?

Wylde
11-28-03, 09:53 AM
Thinking of buying a new game tomorrow not sure about what though, Chrome looked good in the demo and I feel like a good fps as well as a multiplayer. Then again I really want to get need for speed underground, anyone played both and can offer their opinions? BTW I played the nfs demo and thought it was great, also I have no car games and think this would be great to add to my collection :)

Any experiences like I said would be appreciated.

Morrow
11-28-03, 10:10 AM
hm, Chrome is really not the best FPS out there, in fact it's pretty average.

If you like racegames, NFS:UG is certainly a nice game to have for PC. Very arcadish but fun and the underground mode takes a long time to play through.

If you prefer a FPS, try Chaser. Not the best FPS but for sure much better than Chrome.

Broken Sword 3 is a wonderful option if you like adventure games, this one being in complete 3D or try the new horror masterpiece Silent Hill 3 if you like to be scared.

demonized
11-28-03, 12:13 PM
Get NFSU. You wont regret it. I've been playing it alot lately so i could fully upgrade my customized car and take it online. My hands already hurt from doing the drifting challenges. I really liked this game and since you liked the demo you'll definitely enjoy the full game.

jAkUp
11-28-03, 02:23 PM
ive also been having fun with nfs u... and my other pick game is rainbow six, raven shield.. but ive been playing that mulitplayer everyday since its release about a year ago. i simply love it:)

Domy
11-29-03, 09:27 PM
Underground Rulez !

Wylde
12-02-03, 01:55 PM
hehe thanks for the reviews, I'm thinking of getting underground this week :cool: That or a cheap ltd and spending a couple hundred dollars doing up :afro2: Thanks guys

nVidi0t
12-02-03, 04:24 PM
They are both pretty mediocre imho, you could do a lot better with your money. Max Payne 2 and Call of Duty spring to mind.

Clay
12-02-03, 04:27 PM
I'm super picky aobut games lately and Call of Duty is flat out a blast to play IMO. Some liken it to a shooting gallery although I think the AI is pretty impressive so far. You can always bump up the difficulty level as well.

stncttr908
12-02-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
They are both pretty mediocre imho, you could do a lot better with your money. Max Payne 2 and Call of Duty spring to mind. Unfortunately both lack replayability. Both are great single player games, but are annoying short. CoD's MP is severely lacking as well. If he wants a game that won't end up just taking space on his drive, I'd suggest NFS:U out of those mentioned.

nVidi0t
12-02-03, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Unfortunately both lack replayability. Both are great single player games, but are annoying short. CoD's MP is severely lacking as well. If he wants a game that won't end up just taking space on his drive, I'd suggest NFS:U out of those mentioned.

True, didnt think about that...

I also forgot to mention, Wylde, dont get Chrome, just dont.

Clay
12-02-03, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Unfortunately both lack replayability. Both are great single player games, but are annoying short. CoD's MP is severely lacking as well. If he wants a game that won't end up just taking space on his drive, I'd suggest NFS:U out of those mentioned.
Do you have to be a big racing buff to like/get into NFS:U?

nVidi0t
12-02-03, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by maxpower
Do you have to be a big racing buff to like/get into NFS:U?

Nope, it's arcadey as hell.

SH64
12-02-03, 05:14 PM
NFSU fo shooo!

Smokey
12-02-03, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
ive also been having fun with nfs u... and my other pick game is rainbow six, raven shield.. but ive been playing that mulitplayer everyday since its release about a year ago. i simply love it:)

I agree 100% Ive liked all the NFS games for my arcade racer needs, but as far as MP, RavenShield is fantastic, been playing it since the demo, expansion pack already on pre order.

I dont like the style of the cars that much in NFS:U, but I like the overall style of the game, its fast, fun and looks pretty sexy.

indio
12-02-03, 06:34 PM
Get KOTOR I don't even really play RPG's but this game is really great.

OWA
12-02-03, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
I dont like the style of the cars that much in NFS:U,
Heh, I have a friend that drives a Mustang and he refuses to even play the game. :) I think he's been playing the Ford 2 demo instead.

SH64
12-03-03, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by OWA
Heh, I have a friend that drives a Mustang and he refuses to even play the game. :) I think he's been playing the Ford 2 demo instead.

LoL .. thats what i used to do back before i sold my Mustang .
now after getting a GOLF 2.0 (Not GTi :( ) i'm really enjoying NFSU :D