PDA

View Full Version : overheating question

Hicks
11-28-03, 02:15 PM
Well i finaly bought TI4200 (Leadtek winfast a280) which is apparently a heater:) The card works perfectly in games, just heats my computer badly so every now and then the PC shuts down (the monitor turns off and I have to restart manualy). When I leave one side of the PC open the problem vanishes. (It seems that the sistem temp is 40 when it shuts down). My question is: what the hell is overheating?? One time the monitor shut down and the sounds continued to run, so Im guessing that the CPU is not the problem. The card has a big passive cooler from both sides of the card on rams, and a active vent on it. It seems that it works fine, and in program (WInFOX) is saying its not overheated. Could it be that the sistem overall has a too high temperature?:confused:

SH64
11-28-03, 04:32 PM
Maybe its not the card issue .
i had a similar problem with the 5900u .. & i thought about ivrheating but after i checked it was the power cable . when the temp goes up it moves a lil off its place so the PC shutdown .
if you'r still not sure what to do .. try another gfx card & see what happen.

FastM
11-28-03, 05:43 PM
Its gotta be the CPU of NorthBridge if overheating is your problem

Hicks
11-29-03, 03:35 AM
Ill try to get a cooler for northbridge then. I guess my PC will be the loudest in the neighbourhood:=)