PDA

View Full Version : Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

sh*tshot
09-24-02, 04:06 AM
www.warp2search.com have got their hands on a new set of Nvidia Dentonator Drivers 40.45 for windows 9x & xp!"

DIMA
09-24-02, 04:37 AM
If you guys take a good look at the .inf file, you'll see that it has NV30 there... :D

Pav
09-24-02, 04:40 AM
any1 got these yet? all mirrors seem down :(

DIMA
09-24-02, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Pav
any1 got these yet? all mirrors seem down :(

Well, I managed to download them before the mirrors were added (when the first mirror popped up).

But I'm skeptical to install them until someone else shares their experience with them...

edit:
Just realized there are two sets there, one for Win9x/ME and one for Win2k/XP. Now both sets are in my posession! :)

Pav
09-24-02, 05:36 AM
well I got it and try it and I have to say it seems better then 40.41 - gta3 and mafia runs smoother and UT2003 too, I think these are the drivers that were meant to fix some issues with UT2003 - not too bad drivers :)

DIMA
09-24-02, 05:45 AM
Alright, I installed the 40.45 detonator set on top of my old 30.82 detonator set in WinME(forgot to uninstall the old ones first, but to my suprise, it worked!).

Definetly looks like a solid part, a bit different than the 40.41 detonators, some more options, seems like the aniso bug has been fixed and the refrech override options are now avaiable under Direct3D natively (you had to enable them in Direct3D using coolbits previously).

Gonna run some benchmarks and games!! So far, so good! :D

Crippler
09-24-02, 06:22 AM
Battlefield 1942 seems smoother, but still recieving a few clipping flashes. Not as much though.

Gator
09-24-02, 06:39 AM
I'll try them asap. Ut2003 said Nvidia is aware of the 40.41 bugs with UT2003 and promised to fix them in future driver sets. Whatever UT wants, Gator gives it.

/me bows down to the almighty UT gods... LOL

I'll give you guys some results later :)

Crippler
09-24-02, 07:18 AM
The flashing in Battlefield is really bugging me now.

Dammit :(

DIMA
09-24-02, 07:19 AM
One note: These are the 40.52 drivers, not 40.45!

So far everything seems to be fine, but the water in Codecreatures in WinXP looks the same way it did with the 40.41 detonators (in one word: strange), while it looks the way it should in WinME (with the same 40.52) which leads me to believe that the WinME version contains some bug fixes not implemented in the Win2k/XP set?

Whatever the real deal is, these drivers are still not official and still hold a "beta" status. We should wait for the official release to judge.

thcdru2k
09-24-02, 08:28 AM
there is a override refreshrate panel. doesn't seem to work yet.

digitalwanderer
09-24-02, 09:57 AM
I lost about 100 3dm2k1se points, but UT2k3 in D3D & NOLF2 no longer lock up on me so who cares?!? :D :D :D

Sweet, very sweet! They have a nicely polished feel to them for me. More later, I have NO time this morning. :(

Thanks nVidia, it was almost worth the wait! ;) :p

saturnotaku
09-24-02, 10:03 AM
I knew this was gonna happen. The moment I download the 30.82 drivers to update the 29.42's I'm running now, NVIDIA goes and releases another 40.xx set. So you all can thank me for allowing NVIDIA to release this set, especially to you Win 9x whiners (and you know who I'm talking about ;)).

As usual, this thread will be stickied and you can post your impressions here.

BTW, anyone wanna put up some mirrors? W2S must be getting hammered right now.

DIMA
09-24-02, 10:27 AM
Mirrors:
http://cpuinfo.by.ru/files/nv40.52_Winxp.zip
http://cpuinfo.by.ru/files/nv40.52_Win9x.zip
http://www.guru3d.com/files/detonator/

Note: Just checked, the site seems to be hammered too, so try again later.

Can anyone confirm the aniso and other bugs from 40.41 fixed?

It seems to me they were fixed (from my own experience), but I want to hear a second opinion! :)

saturnotaku
09-24-02, 11:49 AM
I was able to sneak into W2S and grab a copy for myself. I won't be able to install them until much later this evening as I have to work late tonight. :(

Anyone tried out anisotropic filtering on these drivers, especially in D3D?

In any case, I'm looking forward to giving them a go and knowing that if they don't work out, I can always fall back to a previous set. :D

digitalwanderer
09-24-02, 01:01 PM
I haven't found a bug with them on the 9x/ME set. I'm no where near done testing them or giving them the time/attention I WANT to, but they really look like the sh&t so far! ("the sh&t"="the best")

G6-200
09-24-02, 01:13 PM
I didn't have much time with these but I noticed that RefreshForce doesn't seem to work?
What's a good alternative?

G6

Smokey
09-24-02, 02:22 PM
Wondering if someone can tell me if RivaTuner works with these drivers? I use the refresh fix and all the other things that Rivatuner enables and like it alot, if it doesnt work can someone let me know what I can use in its place with these drivers.

Thanks in advance.

saturnotaku
09-24-02, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Wondering if someone can tell me if RivaTuner works with these drivers? I use the refresh fix and all the other things that Rivatuner enables and like it alot, if it doesnt work can someone let me know what I can use in its place with these drivers.

Thanks in advance.

If we find that no current program works with these drivers, I would highly suggest copying and pasting the refresh information from a previous driver set (ie 30.82) and putting that into the nv4_disp.inf. It's not a great solution but it should work for the time being.

sk8bloke22
09-24-02, 02:52 PM
erm, constant 80fps in the outdoor deathmatch level (antalus), no drops, and 100fps in the other one at 1024x768. they certainly fixed something here.

DIMA
09-24-02, 03:44 PM
Some intresting tidbits from Warp2Search:
Official Windows 9x / ME Detonators on the 26th September? - Beee a guest on our forums, claims to have received an email from Nvidis stating that the company will release new official drivers on the 26th, 2 days away from now.

Hercules is offering a brand version of the Catalyst 02.3 (7.76) drivers for their Radeon series of cards. The control panel is to be downloaded separately. Also they got branded 40.41 Detonators. Funny that they don't issue a beta warning.

The Baron
09-24-02, 04:26 PM
Refresh Force works for me... did the usual uninstall old 40.41s, install new ones, reboot, use Refresh Force, change screen mode, boom, life is peachy.

digitalwanderer
09-24-02, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by DIMA
Some intresting tidbits from Warp2Search:

As soon as I read that I checked my e-mail and sure enough there was a letter there from Carrie Cowan her own self telling me the same thing! She said there would be new drivers on nVidia's site on this Thursday. :)

Originally posted by sk8bloke22
erm, constant 80fps in the outdoor deathmatch level (antalus), no drops, and 100fps in the other one at 1024x768. they certainly fixed something here.

I'm with you on that one, BIG TIME! UT2k3 & NOLF2 are both running great for me and without any problems. :D (The Dig is a very happy gamer right now. :) )

The Baron
09-24-02, 05:09 PM
Anybody else noticing any odd menu slowness in the XP version?

G6-200
09-24-02, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=The Baron
Refresh Force works for me... did the usual uninstall old 40.41s, install new ones, reboot, use Refresh Force, change screen mode, boom, life is peachy.

Yup, I pulled a bonehead and didn't remove the old drivers before installing the new.
Working great now, that's a damn handy little utility!

G6