PDA

View Full Version : PNY 5700 Ultra sale at CompUSA

John Reynolds
11-30-03, 12:38 PM
$180 after rebates ($20 instant, $30 mail-in).

micronX
11-30-03, 06:24 PM
But it's PURPLE!

cthellis
12-01-03, 12:29 AM
...and there's STILL no reason to buy it! :p

cstring
12-01-03, 08:55 AM
Add $25 onto that price and, at least here at our compusa, you can upgrade later on and have whatever you paid for this card added towards the next.

digitalwanderer
12-01-03, 09:47 AM
Purple? I've never owned a purple viddy card before.... :eek2:

cthellis
12-01-03, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by cstring
Add $25 onto that price and, at least here at our compusa, you can upgrade later on and have whatever you paid for this card added towards the next.

Ok, now THAT is hot! :eek:

Are there any restrictions on that? I'll have to check my local shops and see what they say.

cstring
12-01-03, 10:52 PM
Are there any restrictions on that?
Well I would imagine they would want you old card in working condition
and unmodified :D

cstring
12-01-03, 10:53 PM
But there are no restrictions:thumbsup:

bkswaney
12-02-03, 02:52 AM
I love the color. :D

But I and a huge Orange and Purple fan. ;)

Martrox
12-02-03, 06:21 AM
Here's the deal with CompUSA's "replacement policy". Originally it was a trade up policy, but in the last couple of years some stores will honor it as such, but others will say it's only for defective cards. I've been using this for the last 4 years, starting with a TNT...... Now have a 9800Pro & 9800AIW. You will only recieve the current sales value of said card - If, for instance, you bought a 5900 for $300 and went back to trade it in but it was marked down to $200, then $200 is all you will get. But if the card you have is no longer availible, the you will get the full $300. On the replacement vs. defective thing, you just need to enquire BEFORE you return the card what the particular CompUSA does. I was told by more than one employee to just say the card is defective....... I'll leave it at that. Also, the price of the replacement policy isn't nessasarily well defined, and it does seem to scale - $40.00 for a one year policy on $400 card.

It's a great way to stay on the bleeding edge without the blood loss!

cstring
12-02-03, 10:41 AM
At the compusa here they will give FULL PRICE of the receipt you have towards the upgrade.
Its in central florida.

cthellis
12-02-03, 01:33 PM
Must say that if that policy's intact at my local stores, that makes me MUCH more accepting of their higher prices (generally, at least--can sometimes get a good deal), what with the ability to upgrade periodically without losing value.

And hey, if mail-in rebates don't count against the price...! Heck, you could actually MAKE money with certain upgrades! Hehe.

cstring
12-02-03, 03:43 PM
Yes a mail in rebate ontop of that would be a sweet deal:angel:

Martrox
12-02-03, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by cstring
At the compusa here they will give FULL PRICE of the receipt you have towards the upgrade.
Its in central florida.

Like I said, each store seems to be a bit different - even the two stores here in Bubbaville (Jacksonville, Fla) seem to work totally different, and it changes from day to day. A little patience and planing is needed, but it's not a big deal, at all. BTW, you can upgrade from a middle value to higher by just paying the difference.

cstring
12-02-03, 06:15 PM
Gentilemen . . .
Start your credit cards Vrrrrroooooooommmmmm
Vrrrrrrrrrooooommmmm <cough> <choke>
sputter sputter hehe (omg)