PDA

View Full Version : Driver version

Head_slinger
09-24-02, 11:51 AM
Hi,

i was wondering if i should up date my drivers. I find the precedure for doing this very dificult, with all 3rd party apps having to be used etc.

I am currently running the 2942's and they seem pretty ok BTW im running GF4 Ti 4400. would changing to latest official drivers bring a perfomance increase, or should i just stay put. The drivers i have work fine and i dont want to do anything that could stop that. I will take the risk tho if new drivers bring better performance

Thanx in advance

HS

volt
09-24-02, 11:55 AM
how could you miss this thread?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1313

saturnotaku
09-24-02, 11:59 AM
If you're running Windows 2000/XP, removing drivers is as easy as booting into safe mode and uninstalling the drivers from the control panel/add remove programs, rebooting, installing the new drivers and using Riva Tuner or Refresh Force to adjust your refresh rates. It's not that difficult.

You may want to update to the 40.52 drivers if the feedback coming out of our official thread is positive overall. But for prior sets, including all drivers from the 3x.xx series, you may want to give the 30.82's a try for bug fixes more than anything else. They don't offer better performance necessarily but they are pretty much bug-free in games. But it's your call. If you want to update, go right ahead. If everything's kosher, that's fine too.

Head_slinger
09-24-02, 03:45 PM
thanx alot, im upgrading to 40.'s. Hopefully all will go well BTW im using XP so ill do safemode thing.

Thanx alot