PDA

View Full Version : Scroll bug fix/ Static noise fix?

steven6186
12-01-03, 05:50 PM
Hey all, just picked up a 5900LX, it gets wierd static noise occasionally. So I do the little scroll smoother thing for IE, but obviously that doesn't cure it.

Someone told me that there is a patch that fixes this problem, is this true?

I'm a complete n00b, so plz don't flame me if I've missed something obvious :)

Thanks.

saturnotaku
12-01-03, 08:15 PM
Driver versions 45.33 and later are supposed to fix this problem. You can download them from http://www.guru3d.com

steven6186
12-02-03, 03:33 AM
ive got 53.03s installed atm. Have had them since I installed the card. So whats up wid that?

Morrow
12-02-03, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by steven6186
Hey all, just picked up a 5900LX, it gets wierd static noise occasionally. So I do the little scroll smoother thing for IE, but obviously that doesn't cure it.

Someone told me that there is a patch that fixes this problem, is this true?

I'm a complete n00b, so plz don't flame me if I've missed something obvious :)

Thanks.

There is no driver fix or patch for scrolling noise. The IE option "smooth scrolling" only reduces the noise for IE obviously and not for other applications or games.

Ruined
12-02-03, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Driver versions 45.33 and later are supposed to fix this problem. You can download them from http://www.guru3d.com

They don't fix it they just lessen the loudness of the noise

steven6186
12-02-03, 09:18 AM
so its as quiet as it can be right now? shud i try the ones from the nvidia site or is there no difference?

thanks again :)

Morrow
12-02-03, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by steven6186
so its as quiet as it can be right now? shud i try the ones from the nvidia site or is there no difference?

thanks again :)

There are no drivers which fix the scrolling noise. The only issue which has been fixed is the flickering many users experienced.

mario64
12-02-03, 05:02 PM
Did we ever find out what actually causes it, the scrolling noise I mean?

Mario64

Phillychuck
12-02-03, 09:36 PM
Wow, you mean the font distortions I've been noticing with a 5600U and 5900U are the card and not my monitor?

I thought my monitor was going ape.

-Chuck

Morrow
12-02-03, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Phillychuck
Wow, you mean the font distortions I've been noticing with a 5600U and 5900U are the card and not my monitor?

I thought my monitor was going ape.

-Chuck

font distortions? That's neither due to the scrolling noise nor the flickering but rather due to a faulty graphiccard.

mario64
12-03-03, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by mario64
Did we ever find out what actually causes it, the scrolling noise I mean?

Mario64
Guess not. Morrow, do you know?

Mario64

Phillychuck
12-03-03, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Morrow
font distortions? That's neither due to the scrolling noise nor the flickering but rather due to a faulty graphiccard.

Seriously doubt a bad video card since the problem appeared first with a BFG 5600U, and then with a PNY 5900NP. When the screen is 'moving' fonts get jaggies (more might be getting jaggiest but fonts are easier to see). Looked like a monitor problem to me but after reading this post I thought might be a GFFX problem.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new monitor...Flat panels have began to get my attention now they have them running without bad ghosting.

-Chuck