PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong...

Hardroxtar
12-03-03, 06:59 AM
I've installed GeForce FX 5200 Tornado and I can't seem to get counter-strike to work properly. I get as far as "Loading..." then just a black screen and I don't even get connected to the game server. If I do it's still just a black screen except for the frames around names, weaponry and so forth, no text though. A friend of mine said that there seemd to be some problems with Nvidias latest drives to my graphic board. So I uninstalled the drives and reinstalled the drives from the CD that came with the GF board. There was 3 different options. DirectX 8.0, 9.0 and one that I don't remember. I only installed 8.0 now but believe me. I've tried everything I can think of. Please help me!! I'm desperate!!:confused:

Malfunction
12-03-03, 08:47 AM
What drivers are you using?

Does anyone know if you have to uninstall CS or delete the configuration file like you do with MOH in order for it to recognize the new hardware? (example: Friend had GF3, bought Rad 9700 and MOH still showed him having a GF3 and created really crappy performance till the config file had been updated.)

Did you uninstall the previous drivers correctly?

Install DX9b

Check out the Forceware 53.03's in the driver section if you are not using them. It's a really good driver thus far.

Peace,

:)

saturnotaku
12-03-03, 09:28 AM
I think he's confusing DirectX and video card drivers - they're two entirely separate things. Should that be the case, he should have a friend over to help him update the drivers because I have a feeling if he was to do it himself he might b0rk more than he might fix.

Hardroxtar
12-03-03, 09:32 AM
What drivers are you using? I was using the drivers on the Cd that followed with the hardware. But upgraded it to 52.16

I did uninstall and reinstall cs but I might've missed to delete some files.

I uninstalled the drivers and restarted the comp. The comp recognized the new hardware and asked if I wanted to download the drivers automatically.

I will install the DX9b aswell right after I've installed the 53.03

jAkUp
12-03-03, 09:36 AM
on cs are you using opengl or d3d??? if y our using opengl, try d3d or visa versa

Hardroxtar
12-03-03, 10:45 AM
Come on man... GF-boards ar supporting OpenGL. But the weirdest thing is that I can play with d3d but the graphics and the text are weird. Black shades on graphic except on characters and weapons. Text is stripy and almost unreadable. Believe me, I've tried everything! I have now downloaded 53.03, installed of course and also downloaded DX9.0b

Hardroxtar
12-04-03, 12:26 PM
The graphics improves the longer I play cs. The text improves aswell but doesn't get perfect. I'm beginning to think that there's something wrong with my graphboard...

Hardroxtar
12-04-03, 12:28 PM
That's when I play with Direct3D... OpenGL doesn't work at all.

Hardroxtar
12-04-03, 08:15 PM
I'll try the 45.23's... We'll see. Averything has failed so I'm beginning to think that it's the board in particular that's somehow damaged?

Yeah, I know! It's really weird. I played today and it was back to it's weird graphic. But after a while it started to get better. The text was almost unreadable though.

I have Delta Force - Blackhawk Down installed. The graphics were a bit funky too. I'll get back on that issue.

I have Norton Firewall and it hasn't been any problems before with the firewall. Oh well... I'm out of clues. I've really tried everything. I'll D/L the 45.23's and if that doesn't work I'll return the board for another one.

Hardroxtar
12-04-03, 10:07 PM
WOAW!! That really messed up things for me!! I had to start my comp in... uhm.... I don't know what it's called in english (I'm swedish btw) but in last functioning mode or something and D/L 53.03 in order to get the comp to work properly again. Installing that old drives was really a baaaaad idea man! Well, I think that it's a hardware problem. I'll go back to the store on monday and get another board.

Hardroxtar
12-04-03, 11:06 PM
Ah, it's cool. I was a bit nervous at start but remembered that I can start the comp in a different mode. It was a handful before I got it together again but now it's back to normal again. well except for the graphics issue. I think I'll go back and change the board for another one. I think it's something wrong with the one I'm using atm. Thanks n e way, man.