PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to force GFFX to always use 3D fan speed?

Malichite
12-05-03, 07:57 AM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but after using search and scanning hundreds of posts I must have missed it.

I am looking at picking up one of the GFFX 5900 non-Ultras that are now getting close to $200. Since I have intentions of overclocking it and I already have a rig filled with fans, is there any easy way to force the GFFX fans to always run at 3D fan speed? I have seen several posts where others mentioned "hard wired", but I imagine they altered the fan wires and I don't want to start cutting/splicing wires.

-Mali

LiquidX
12-05-03, 09:33 AM
Not sure but maybe by running coolbits and changing the 2D default speeds to that of what it is in 3D? And just out of curiosity how come you want the fan to run at full power all the time though?

Malichite
12-05-03, 04:51 PM
Kept hearing about heat problems with the recent det's since they turned the fan on at a higher threshold. Like I said before, noise isn't an issue, so I could care less if it lowers speed in 2d mode. I would prefer to have a card that runs stable as opposed to having heat related issues caused by strange effects of the current driver releases.

-Mali

ChrisRay
12-05-03, 07:11 PM
My Leadtek FX 5900 is always running its fan, In 2d and 3d mode.

Malichite
12-05-03, 08:06 PM
So is the overheating a real issue for everyone then, or only an issue for a select few? Also does the 52.70/53.03 experience the bug where the fans turn off for some reason? *That is the only true reason that I considered the forcing the fans to max speed.*

-Mali