PDA

View Full Version : This any good?

UDawg
12-06-03, 10:56 PM
Is this any good? (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=1&CONTENTID=7321&countryid=19&languageid=1)

saturnotaku
12-06-03, 11:17 PM
Being that it's Logitech, I'm sure the quality is excellent. But I don't think it would be worth the $200-250 pricetag.

digitalwanderer
12-06-03, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by UDawg
Is this any good? (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=1&CONTENTID=7321&countryid=19&languageid=1)
___drool____

The Baron
12-07-03, 12:15 AM
Gah. I wonder if I could somehow manage to get that to review... :p

(seems insane, though--email notifications when you're away from your computer through the keypad? somebody care to explain that?)

|JuiceZ|
12-07-03, 01:09 AM
LOL! Guess no one has seen my desktop setup pic (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=242943#post242909) in the pc mod forums or my sig....:p

Nephilim
12-07-03, 01:42 AM
Damn, that's a pretty sweet keyboard/mouse combo....

I may have to get me one of those! How do you like your's JuiceZ?

EDIT: Ouch, just saw the price. Not sure I can justify a new kayboard/mouse for that much. Especially since it's not ergonomic. *hugs his ergonomic keyboard*

UDawg
12-07-03, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
LOL! Guess no one has seen my desktop setup pic (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=242943#post242909) in the pc mod forums or my sig....:p

Ya I just saw it about an hour ago. Juice post here your thoughts on the key board and 900 combo. I will make my purchase decision base on your imput.

sxotty
12-07-03, 09:20 AM
Why won't anyone make a split keyboard for bluetooth... I would have bought it already, but as it is I don't want to buy a lowly RF one with all the bluetooth ones around.

The Baron
12-07-03, 11:10 AM
*stab* JuiceZ, *stab* I thought you just *stab* had the *stab* MX900.

But anyway, why would you need a split keyboard ever? I'd rather they made Bluetooth Dvorak keyboards :p

Sazar
12-07-03, 11:47 AM
if anyone does any amount of data entry that involves numbers (ie coding or dbases or excel spreadsheets and the like) the split numpad will be a lovely addition..

I am loving that whole setup btw juice :cool:

/me raids juice's house ninja style and stabs him some more and steals his setup

yah... merry x-mas btw :afro:

|JuiceZ|
12-07-03, 04:47 PM
Initial impressions are very good but I will reserve my final opinion until after I've had some time to explore all its features, especially since I just got it yesterday along w/ the ipod :D

Some quick thoughts though,

Logitech makes excellent hardware but still continues to struggle w/ its drivers. Although theres been several driver updates of late, it still cripples the full ability of their components.

The new MX900 is nice, but is nothing earth-shattering over its predecessor. Really you can just think of it as an o'ced MX700 that now has 30ft range & bluetooth support. A minor note though, the stand-alone mx900 & the one paired w/ the bluetooth duo, are completely plastic. The only ones that I know of that come w/ the added rubber grip as seen on the mx700, is the one in their high-end media desktop.

The keyboard & media pad are IMO the shiznit. I've always had a weird nack for the feeling laptop keys have when typing. Also and although the keyboard is not ergo, the added rubber that lines the bottom of both the kb & media pad gives some added comfort when typing.

My best advice as with any input device is if possible, try to find a local retailer and try out the display model for yourself and see if it fits you. I'm gonna try to take some more time out tonight to play w/ it more.

O and thx for the compliments on the setup guys. Now all I really need is a new desk cause this ones getting crowded :p

off topic: I just realized yesterday, its funny how we pc users joke on macs, but the pc industry could really learn some things from apple in terms of sleek design and packaging. I've never seen such attention to deal in packaging and design in any computer component until opening that ipod. I'm sure macs usrs have enjoyed the little things like that for years but rest assure, they do have their place. And hopefully a G5 will be sitting in mine sometime within the next year :D