PDA

View Full Version : 53.03 and 53.04's coming tuesday at 1700 hours


Pages : [1] 2 3

bkswaney
12-08-03, 11:16 PM
For both XP and Me.
These will be offical and WHQL.

Write up here: http://www.hardtecs4u.com/

SuLinUX
12-09-03, 05:34 AM
We need it in english :screwy:

Mullins1060
12-09-03, 08:33 AM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13098

Reaper106
12-09-03, 10:57 AM
Sweet, Thanks for the info. I hope they really do release today.:firedevil

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Reaper106
Sweet, Thanks for the info. I hope they really do release today.:firedevil
Me too, but only since I'm pretty sure they're going to be breaking their own rules in doing so. :nutkick:

OWA
12-09-03, 11:09 AM
Do they ever fix anything with drivers that are leaked early before they're officially released? Meaning, since I have a few issues with the 53.03s that I've been using is there any chance the official release will fix those issues or are the drivers almost always exactly the same as the ones that are leaked early?

Reaper106
12-09-03, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by OWA
Do they ever fix anything with drivers that are leaked early before they're officially released? Meaning, since I have a few issues with the 53.03s that I've been using is there any chance the official release will fix those issues or are the drivers almost always exactly the same as the ones that are leaked early?

There is a chance that the issues you have had will be cleared up in the official release.:firedevil

Reaper106
12-09-03, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Me too, but only since I'm pretty sure they're going to be breaking their own rules in doing so. :nutkick:

let me guess Dig, The 1 year rule? I belive that they were meaning 1 revision change per year IE 52.16, 53.03 53.xx 56.xx ------- 61.xx, 62.xx and so on. The once a year thing would be crazy. they know that. From what my guys tell me this is what the 1 year statment is supposed to convey. I could be wrong though, but I hope not.:firedevil

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Reaper106
let me guess Dig, The 1 year rule? I belive that they were meaning 1 revision change per year IE 52.16, 53.03 53.xx 56.xx ------- 61.xx, 62.xx and so on. The once a year thing would be crazy. they know that. From what my guys tell me this is what the 1 year statment is supposed to convey. I could be wrong though, but I hope not.:firedevil
No, not the 1 year rule since I never believed that one anyways...I'm talking about how the 53.03 set was released shortly after the 3dm2k3 3.45 patch and how they "mysteriously" got nVidia's scores back up to about exactly where they were pre-patch.

I'm guessing, (not really, I'm about 99.99% sure), that they just fixed the drivers to app detect 3dm2k3 again which they specifically had stated they were NOT going to do...and which is indeed against FM's new rules.

The only reason FM hadn't taken action before was because the 53.03 set was beta, when it becomes official.....

Well, let us just say that we're in for another bit-o-viddy-card-melodrama in the near future if the Dig's calculations are correct. ;)

AthlonXP1800
12-09-03, 12:20 PM
Forceware 53.03 for Win 2000/XP now available to download from Nvidia here (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03).

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
Forceware 53.03 for Win 2000/XP now available to download from Nvidia here (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03).
Thanks, are these official & WHQL and all? (I really don't want to download them just to check that...no real point. ;) )

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 12:32 PM
UPDATE:nVidia has just put up some new drivers on their ftp server, 53.04 for 9x/me (ftp://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/53.04/) and 53.03 for xp/2k (ftp://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/53.03/).

AthlonXP1800
12-09-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Thanks, are these official & WHQL and all? (I really don't want to download them just to check that...no real point. ;) )

53.03 are WHQL and 53.04 are not.

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
53.03 are WHQL and 53.04 are not.
Really? That's a bit goofy. :|

Reaper106
12-09-03, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Really? That's a bit goofy. :|

Microsoft will not qualify drivers for the old os's anymore from what I understand. That is why.:D

Reaper106
12-09-03, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
No, not the 1 year rule since I never believed that one anyways...I'm talking about how the 53.03 set was released shortly after the 3dm2k3 3.45 patch and how they "mysteriously" got nVidia's scores back up to about exactly where they were pre-patch.

I'm guessing, (not really, I'm about 99.99% sure), that they just fixed the drivers to app detect 3dm2k3 again which they specifically had stated they were NOT going to do...and which is indeed against FM's new rules.

The only reason FM hadn't taken action before was because the 53.03 set was beta, when it becomes official.....

Well, let us just say that we're in for another bit-o-viddy-card-melodrama in the near future if the Dig's calculations are correct. ;)

Ok, I agree with that 1 Dig. I belive you are right. Although I belive there will be more than just that 3dmk03 fix involved:firedevil

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Reaper106
Microsoft will not qualify drivers for the old os's anymore from what I understand. That is why.:D
On 9x I can see, but isn't ME still supported by Microsoft? I thought it was, that's why ATi still gets their 9x/me drivers WHQL certified.

I hate to see 9x/me lose support, I really do. I've been using XP pretty exclusively the last few months on Bubbles, but I'd hate to see support for 98se die. :(

On the 53.03 containing more than just the "fix" for the 3dm2k3 patch I totally agree, I've heard of a lot of actual game fixes in the 53.03 set too...it's just the cheating aspect I'm interested in right now. (Vindictive lil f-er, ain't I? :lol: )

DSC
12-09-03, 01:23 PM
Open Issues in Version 53.03

• Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display
is connected.
This setting causes a drop in the performance of 3D applications. The
workaround is to use the NVIDIA control panel to reset the system to
standard mode from clone mode.

• GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow.
This is not an NVIDIA bug, but is a known issue with the application.
NVIDIA is working with the developer to address it.

• Windows XP: Antialiasing doesn't appear to be working in Final Fantasy XI
benchmark.
This is a known issue with the application. NVIDIA is working with the
developer to address it.

• All GeForce FX: Intermittently, Warcraft III videos are not displayed
properly on some systems.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

• GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: nView Setup Wizard lacks 16-bit
color choice.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

• Quadro NVS, Windows XP: After turning off Span-over-Span, the display
properties panel stops responding when selecting the Quadro NVS page.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

• Quadro NVS, Windows XP: Flight.exe OpenGL has stripes of bad rendering
on dual Quadro NVS cards.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

• Quadro NVS 280 AGP + Quadro NVS 280 PCI, Windows 2000: Driver does
not install with SETUP.EXE.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

• Black horizontal lines on Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

• Quadro NVS, Windows XP: Driver causes blue-screen crash.
A fix for this issue will be included in the next driver release.

DSC
12-09-03, 01:25 PM
Issues Resolved in Version 53.03
Significant issues resolved in driver version 53.03 are listed below:

• nView, Multiview: Single-monitor maximize feature does not account for
docked toolbars.

• GeForceFX 5950 Ultra, WindowsXP: Degraded anisotropic filtering quality
in Unreal Tournament 2003.

• GeForceFX 5900/5950: TV-Out flicker control is not functioning on UK
PAL.

• International release of 52.16 has corrupt nvtuXXX.cpl file.

• GeForceFX 5900/5950, GeForceFX 5900/5950 Ultra, WindowsXP: During
certain times of day in Final Fantasy XI Online Worlds, textures turn gray.

• Adobe After Effects crashes with 52.16.

• Large resolutions can't be chosen in nView Setup Wizard.

• All GeForceFX, Unreal Tournament 2003: Some textures are not being
filtered properly.

• GeForceFX Go5700/5750, Windows 2000: Fn+F8 hot-key sequence does
not work.

• Overlap/Edgeblend: Changing values for luma does not make Apply button
available.

• Individual application setting to launch application on different desktop does
not work when invoked by hot key.

• Quadro4 900/750/700 XGL, Knights of the Old Republic: Fog in title screen
is rainbow colored.

• GT4 crashes if stereo enabled.

• Quadro FX Go700, Windows XP: Studio Tools overlay tool is truncated.

• GeForce4 MX 440 and GeForce4 Ti 4400, Windows XP: Blue-screen crash
during Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat.

• GeForceFX Go5100/5200, Windows XP: Green noise appears when
secondary device zoomed in Video Mirror.

• Windows XP: Rendering corruption in Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat.

• GeForceFX Go5100/5200, Windows XP Plus!: Labyrinth flashes when
launched in 180 degree mode.

• GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: “X2: The Threat” benchmark is
choppy or jerky in some places.

• GeForceFX 5200/5200 Ultra, NTSC: Video flickers at lower-right corner
when downscaled with aspect ratio = free.

• Tiger Woods 2004 introductory movie is cut in half when run in 4x
antialiasing modes.

• Game and Benchmark "Final Fantasy XI" flashes and has incorrect stereo
effects.

• GeForceFX 5900/5950: Big Mutha Truckers is clipping the video area during
the intro videos.

• Quadro 4 780/980 XGL, Unigraphics Iman Portal UI/LSE (7.0.3.8): Menus
and pop-ups are blank, and overall graphics performance is poor.

• Maya 5.0: HWR created shadows are drawn as squares instead of circles.

• nView: Multiple copies of the desktop context menu can be created.

DSC
12-09-03, 01:35 PM
Since these drivers are basically the same as 53.03 that was out in November, they still have the image sharpening bug when entering the driver control panel.

Friendly reminder to Nvidia driver team, FIX THE FREAKING BUG FFS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

RoachMojo
12-09-03, 02:29 PM
Tribes 2 has been running very slowly with the 52.16 drivers and now with the 53.03 drivers.

Is there anyway to let Nvidia know of this so it can be corrected? Granted, the game is 3 years old, but a lot of folks still play it, inluding me.

Thanks.

digitalwanderer
12-09-03, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RoachMojo
Is there anyway to let Nvidia know of this so it can be corrected? Granted, the game is 3 years old, but a lot of folks still play it, inluding me.
Sure! Either send an e-mail to bburke@nvidia.com or dperez@nvidia.com , tell 'em the Dig sent ya. :)

Reaper106
12-09-03, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
(Vindictive lil f-er, ain't I? :lol: )

LOL, Yeah but we still like ya:D Side note, 98 is dead my friend. RIP:firedevil

Reaper106
12-09-03, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Sure! Either send an e-mail to bburke@nvidia.com or dperez@nvidia.com , tell 'em the Dig sent ya. :)


Hehe, I know those guys.:firedevil

RoachMojo
12-09-03, 03:30 PM
Heh, thanks, DW! I emailed Burke. Hopefully, he will reply, although I seriously doubt it. :D