PDA

View Full Version : Missing about a half inch when I install new driver...

cultavix
12-11-03, 12:21 PM
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501 with a Geforce 4 440MX Go

I installed the latest drivers and the screen isnt stretching out all the way to right right, so I have like a black bar on the very right of my screen. Does anyone know how to edit the drivers so that it will stretch all the way?

THANKS!

poursoul
12-11-03, 03:44 PM
OHHHH MAN! I really thought there was gonna be something else when i opened this thread.

*NEWSFLASH*

NVidia's new 53.03 Forceware drivers now have a new flaw, they take an inch off of your manhood. Hordes of men seen rushing to local Best Buy and CompUSA stores to buy ATi based graphics cards.

MUYA
12-11-03, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
OHHHH MAN! I really thought there was gonna be something else when i opened this thread.

*NEWSFLASH*

NVidia's new 53.03 Forceware drivers now have a new flaw, they take an inch off of your manhood. Hordes of men seen rushing to local Best Buy and CompUSA stores to buy ATi based graphics cards.

:lol2:

Sazar
12-11-03, 03:52 PM
:rofl

I was thinking the whole missin manhood thing myself when I read the title :D

concerning the original poster... there should be options in your control panel to expand the size of the screen horizontally or vertically...

Deputy Doofy
12-11-03, 03:54 PM
ROLF!¬ DE BOLF¬ :D

digitalwanderer
12-11-03, 04:00 PM
Check what your refresh rate is and see if it defaulted to something other than what you normally use when you installed the new drivers.

That can happen with any manufacturers drivers when you change 'em, it's not just nVidia. (YES, I said that. :rolleyes: ;) )

gstanford
12-11-03, 05:39 PM
download and use refreshforce. There is a link to it somewhere on the main nvnews page.

cultavix
12-12-03, 11:13 AM
I'm using a laptop and it has nothing to do with the refresh rate, the maximum my display can handle is 60hz. The problem is the maximum resolution it says my monitor is capable is 1372x1050, when in reality I've ALWAYS ran 1400x1050...

Thank you in advance!

saturnotaku
12-12-03, 11:41 AM
The problem is that standard reference drivers do not officially suport laptop graphics chips and the resolutions they use. My old Dell laptop had a 1600x1200 screen so I was able to force install any reference driver (as many normal monitors support this resolution as well).

You would have to edit the nv4_disp.inf or your registry to get the proper resolution. Google search it, you'll be able to find something.

cultavix
12-12-03, 12:22 PM
I have edited modes.txt and my registry settings and used refresh force. I have come to the conclusion that this has to do with the current monitor driver? Where do I find a driver for a laptop screen?

It's a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501..

Thanks you so much guys

saturnotaku
12-12-03, 02:53 PM
You shouldn't need a monitor driver. Did you edit the nv4_disp.inf?

cultavix
12-12-03, 03:12 PM
yes I did somewhat....

Take a look