PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heavily into HT???

Rogozhin
12-14-03, 03:36 AM
I just picked up a HK 603, a WF 4500h center, a DUAL SC300 single DVD player, and a Toshiba AF32TH widescreen 16:9 component v CRT Tele ;)

I'm now running this in the HT:

2 Sound Dynamics 300Ti's mains (and stands @ 32")
2 Sound Dynamics SS1-b monitors for REars on adjustable OMNI stands
WF (warfdale) 4500H center on custom stand
Dual DVD
Tosh 32
3 NAD 218thx seperate amps (one bridged mono now for 850watts)-going to my passive Shiva 12" driver in the 5th order bandpass custom
HK 603 AVR with DTS Nero, DTS EX, DD, PR2, with component switching.
Kimber Cables: 3 Toslinks, 2 Components, 200 feet of heavy 12guage with monster lugs (gold), Inv DVD,HT setup disc and a RS SPL meter for setup.

This unit is amazing and renders breathing difficult ;)

Just wondering if anyone else has contracted the HT bug !!

rogo

Kain
12-15-03, 11:01 AM
I am a home theater nut too. :D

gmontem
12-15-03, 12:32 PM
Nice setup you got there. :drooling:

My current HT setup:

Speakers: VideoLogic DigiTheatre DTS (my computer computers. lol)
Screen: Wall (no money to get a Dalite High Power right now :()
Video: NEC LT-150 DLP projector (single chip, 2x color wheel, I think)
HTPC: DVD+/-RW drive; Sigma XCard + Holo3DGraph combo for decoding, DCDi, and pulldown; Radeon 8500 for scaling.

I'm getting about 90" diagonal for 4:3 material, an 83" for 16:9 material. As soon as the warranty on the projector expires I'm going to mod the heck out of it. :)

sxotty
12-15-03, 01:57 PM
How are you going to mod it and why?

gmontem
12-15-03, 02:43 PM
If I remember correctly, one can paint the clear section of the color wheel black to improve contrast ratio. Another is to paint the inside case black to lessen light spill. I'll have to search the AVS forum archives again. It's been a while since I came across these mods for the LT-150.

Eck
12-15-03, 03:15 PM
BAH, thought this was a (stupid) thread about hyperthreading. Whew, scared me.

Rogozhin
12-15-03, 04:05 PM
Wish I could invite you all over for some movies and beer ;)

I'm going to pick up the radioshack SPL meter (the HK comes with a small one built into the avr remote) and do some serious setting up!

Unfortuenatly I don't have any pics but here are some from the hometheatre forum for your drooling pleasure! ;)

http://home.townisp.com/~dmilani/img_1315_s.JPG

http://home.townisp.com/~dmilani/img_1319_s.JPG

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3fa7d53e_bf21/bc/Home+Theater/__sr_/Tank+wall.jpg?ph1Tk3_ASkuWMquf

There are more but this is enough-I'm jealous because we're still renting and I can't make a dedicated room :(

rogo

The Baron
12-15-03, 04:09 PM
heh, I'm running front channel and center Warfdales right now.

Rogozhin
12-15-03, 05:16 PM
Right on Baron ;)

what models?

rogo

Serial_Killer
12-15-03, 06:45 PM
what was that? I could have swore I heard someone say: "Serial come over here and take my HT, It is yours. I don't need it"

Kain
12-16-03, 04:52 AM
Mine...

Display: Panasonic TH-42PW5 (42" 16:9 Plasma)
A/V Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 8500
DVD Player: Harman Kardon DVD 30
Center speaker: Klipsch RC-7
Main speakers: Klipsch RF-7
Surround speakers: Klipsch RS-7
Subwoofer: Getting SVS PB2-ISD

sxotty
12-16-03, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by gmontem
If I remember correctly, one can paint the clear section of the color wheel black to improve contrast ratio. Another is to paint the inside case black to lessen light spill. I'll have to search the AVS forum archives again. It's been a while since I came across these mods for the LT-150.

Well painting the inside black certainly makes sense, most spectrometers do this for that very purpose. Painting that wheel black though... that doesn't make a wholelot of sense to me.

gmontem
12-16-03, 10:00 AM
No no no. The color wheel mod works by painting the clear section (I could have sworn I said clear section. *checks post* oh yes I did) of the color wheel black, not the entire wheel. Brightness will suffer a bit (estimated to be 20%) but contrast will improve. I think an alternative will be to use an FL-D filter but since the lens isn't threaded one will have to come up with a way to mount it. Another alternative will be to use a gray screen but some people like myself can't use that. :p

Rogozhin
01-04-04, 11:55 PM
Thinking of picking up a 15" tempest and building a box using adire's software program for the dimensions and porting-the little kicker is just too weak right now :(

How's everyone else doing with their HT these days?

rogo

gmontem
01-05-04, 01:56 AM
Bleh for me. I missed out on a great Christmas sale for some Rockets at av123.com. :(

Rogozhin
01-06-04, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear that gmontem :(

rogo

LiquidX
01-06-04, 06:17 PM
Right now I am running a DTS/ Built-in Digital Surround Decoder 500Watt Technics with a center and surround also by Technics and Yahmaha floor standing speakers. Just waiting for prices to fall on 40' or bigger plasma T.V's so I can pick one up.:) I am in an apartment at the moment...but oh baby when I get my a house so I can get to work on my HT/game room.:cool:

Rogozhin
01-07-04, 11:39 AM
Liquidx-I know the feeling :)

our townhouse (rental) is just killing me :(

rogo

The Baron
01-07-04, 02:25 PM
Supposedly my brother is picking up a new pair of speakers to replace his Tannoy monitors. Helpful hint, kids: if you want some cool toys while in college, go to a school where you get so many scholarships that you make about 6 grand each year.

The Baron
01-11-04, 09:00 PM
Fidga fadga.

My bro just got a pair of Bohlender ribbon speakers. That bastard.

Rogozhin
01-12-04, 03:29 PM
He is a lucky bastage ;)

I found the X3s at ubid for $1000, one hell of a deal if he got them there!

rogo

The Baron
01-12-04, 03:45 PM
Got some pair for $415 off of Ebay--not sure which. Bastard. I am so taking his Tannoy monitors. :p