PDA

View Full Version : Enabling AGP Texture Acceleration In Dxdiag.exe In Windows 98

Siro
12-16-03, 04:10 AM
For some odd reason in windows 98 the agp texture acceleration has been disabled in the directx dialog and i dont know how to reenable it.My Pc is an Pentium IV 1.5 GHZ with 640 Mb Sd Ram and a Ti 4600 128 megs.Motherboard is a D845WN Intel original.any help on how to reenable it will be highly appreciated.Hoping for a reply soon.

Siro

Voudoun
12-16-03, 08:44 AM
The following works on my system, but bear in mind I have Windows XP and an A7A266E motherboard so it might not work for you. Also, you undertake this at your responsibility. It's a simple process, but you might want to backup before you do so. Up to you.

1) Install RivaTuner (http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/) if you haven't already and then run it.

2) Click on `Power User' tab and ok the warning that appears about it involving registry editing.

3) At the bottom of the RivaTuner window there should be a toolbar. Click on `Open Matched Detonator Database' which should be 2nd from left.

4) Then click on the plus before `nVidia Detonator xx.xx wxx System' (so for me it reads `nVidia Detonator 44.03 w2k System'.)

5) In the menu that branches out below there should be an option that says `Enable x AGP' (so for me it reads `Enable ALi AGP'.) Right click on it and click on the yellow lightbulb.

6) Click ok and reboot. It should now work. Hope it does.

Voudoun

Siro
12-17-03, 01:44 AM
TNx man for ur help but somehow my problem hasnt been solved and still the agp texture acceleration tab in directx dialog has been grayed out.there were many enable agp tabs in riva tuner but one was of 8x which i didnt able bcoz my board supports revision 2.0 that means agp 4x .anyhowz any more help will be greatly appreciated.

Siro

Voudoun
12-19-03, 07:54 AM
Sorry to hear it didn't work. I hope someone else can help you out, as I don't know what else to suggest.

Voudoun

Line01
12-19-03, 08:03 PM
You will need to down load agp driver's for your motherboard. I think that might be it. Go to the drivers site of the maker of your mother board look
at the drivers page it should have some kind of agp drivers on it install them then the tab should show up in directx. Good luck you will see a big speed boast.