PDA

View Full Version : open gl problem

bartis
12-16-03, 03:46 PM
my friend has a old vanta g/card 16mb , he was running mohaa on xp , when there was another program on his pc that corsed problems and in the end he had to format and renstall . He put in xp and all the drivers for his system , latest ones off the web , g/card motherboard etc . and last of all mohaa . But when he trys to run it he gets { cannot open gl subsystem } in the console , any one had this problem in the past ?

saturnotaku
12-16-03, 03:52 PM
Running Medal of Honor on a TNT Vanta?!?! How was that possible?

Anyway, drop back to an older driver set. For those cards, you probably have to use something like version 29.42, which should be available in the archives on NVIDIA's ftp site. ftp://download.nvidia.com

bartis
12-16-03, 04:03 PM
thanks for the quick reply , if we connot get it working he is going to get a new card , the thing is he connot remember which drivers he had in b4. It was 6 months ago he installed xp! . we have tryed about 6 different drivers at pressent and installed xp twice lol .

gstanford
12-16-03, 05:29 PM
has your friend tried using auto configure in MOH:AA or safe mode?

I imagine the problem is likely to be MO:AA needing to scale down internally to the level of OpenGL supported by the TNT.

Can your friend run an OpenGL screensaver, a quake2 engined game?

bartis
12-18-03, 02:43 PM
ill but quake in it and try it , other people have had this problem when they installed new games , i tryed the card in my system and it worked lol , it might be the VIA drivers ill update them today .

gstanford
12-18-03, 05:46 PM
Yes, you probably had no AGP GART installed. Just because XP has some in-built support for VIA chipsets it doesn't mean the support is actually worth anything.