PDA

View Full Version : 60hz WinXP/Win2k fix with RivaTuner

Spivey
12-17-03, 06:50 PM
First just wan't to reiterate that this is a serious bug for WinXP.

Well I have been enjoying my new Albatron 5900PV and the only problem I have had is this 60Mhz refresh rate problem - always defualts to 60Hz and kills me in games. I downloaded and installed Rivatuner at the suggestion of another member for a fix. Rivatuner apparently has more than one method or workaround for this problem; Custom display mode/refresh rate wizard, Low-level refresh rate settings, and... 60Hz refresh rate fix wizard?

The Custom display mode/refresh rate wizard doesnt appear to be intended resolve this problem more to make custom refresh rates, hence "Custom" but that realization does not save me from not understanding how to use it. I promise all of you who reply with knowledge that I will read the Html help file thoroughly after I post, maybe I'll answer my own question but I prefer coming here first and asking people who actualy use it, much more info.

While I have tried the Custom display mode/refresh rate wizard which did seem to fix the problem with no side effects. Here is the point, there is a note on right click (description, tips, help thing) in this module that recommends I use the "60Hz refresh rate fix wizard" - Where is that? Have I missed it?

btw: RivaTuner v2.0 Release Candidate 14.2

saturnotaku
12-17-03, 07:36 PM
Just so you're on the right page, this is a problem with Windows that's not specific to any card. ATI cards need the refresh rate fix just as much.

However, I've noticed that on this 5700 Ultra with the 53.03 dets I can't set my LCD to use 75 Hz at 1280x1024 like I could with my ATI card and previous driver versions. Since I'm on an LCD it doesn't really matter much, but it's still kind of annoying.

DSC
12-17-03, 07:40 PM
From Rivatuner's readme:

Blocked driver-level 60Hz fix for NVIDIA ForceWare drivers. This module is not required for new generation drivers, because NVIDIA finally provided unified Direct3D / OpenGL refresh override tool in ForceWare control panel.

saturnotaku
12-17-03, 08:41 PM
It's there all right, too bad all it can see for my LCD is 60 Hz. I've been able to get 75 Hz with ATI cards, which goes a long way in alleviating tearing with vsync off.

Nutty
12-18-03, 04:33 AM
I've found the refresh rate over-rider in Forceware panel only works if you set your monitor timings to Discrete Timings, rather than Windows timings. If you let windows do it, you'll get the default 60hz.

Slay3r
12-18-03, 05:51 AM
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/