PDA

View Full Version : GF4 4200- Wont work with any drivers- PLZ Help!

housecat
12-17-03, 09:02 PM
My system
Epox 8RDA, palomino 1700+, Leadtek 4200 128mb 8x agp (not the My Vivo version, the one that has the conexant chip capable of 1024x768 tv-out), Crucial 2x256mb PC2100 DDR in dual ddr, onboard audio, latest nforce drivers, enermax 350watt psu, agp voltage set at 1.5v

I formatted the system and put on the latest nforce drivers and then rebooted (this is after all win updates installed), restarted and the windows xp pro screen loads up then when its supposed to go to the welcome screen it just goes black, the monitor clicks once like its trying to change modes then it stays black.
I tried older drivers (drivercleaner2.0 used of course along with add/remove) the 45.25(?)s I believe. Anyway those didnt work either, nor did the latest NV drivers or the ones included with the nforce drivers.

I can get into safe mode (which I am in now) and also get into windows once I remove the nvidia drivers... I tried upping the voltage to 1.7 (as that made my previous 9800 pro much more stable) and it made no improvement.

I tried disabling fast writes along with disabling agp 8x... any ideas??

edit- I can get the display drivers to install but once I install the nforce drivers then it wont boot into xp. Then when I go into safe mode there are 3 devices w/o drivers installed. I tried pointing those devices to the nforce directory but they wouldnt pick up on any of the directories there.
I also thought somehow the drivers might have been trying to put my monitor out of range, hence the click and black screen?

But like I said, i dont think its that because I can get the video drivers installed on their own... this is really strange.
I noticed when I attempt to install the 53.03s (w/o nforce drivers installed) the 52.16s load instead.. even after running driver cleaner (then the nvfix of course).
And in the driver tab it says it says
BUS AGP (PCI mode)

I assume this is because the proper nforce drivers are not installed, and that the PCI mode part would be removed if all the drivers were installed for the chipset. So I'm not too concerned about that.

Again, seems like its re-detecting all my devices when I load the nforce drivers and detecting the monitor as a plug and play but this card could be putting it out of range..

Please help if you know anything about this. I'm usually an excellent troubleshooter but I'm stumped!

housecat
12-17-03, 11:37 PM
On a clean format, I installed SP1 only and then the nforce drivers only.. no independent display driver installed.. just whatever is installed with nforce drivers.

then on reboot the screen is black as described above.
in safe mode it says this under display driver conflicts

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

I'm about to pop in the GF2MX I was using previously just to see if that will work still.. but the above conflicts has to have something to do with why I cant get any drivers to work properly with the nforce drivers...

something that knows something please help