PDA

View Full Version : comcast cable speeds doubled!!

cricket
12-17-03, 09:18 PM
i am using comcast cable on a motorola surfboard 4100 cable modem in the boston,mass area. so i get an email from comcast tonight and it says "we have doubled your internet connection at no additional cost,all i have to do is unplug my cable modem for 60 seconds and then plug it back in to take effect" so before i did this i tested my cable speeds at http://blt.speakeasy.net/ and it was 1730kbps download speed, i then closed all programs and unplugged cable modem for 60 seconds as directed, and retested again after clearing cookies/history/temp files at same site that calculates cables speed/connection speeds (speakeasy site) and it came back at 3483 kbps...just about double the speed.

i cant believe that they did this but just wanted to say it is true and if you have comcast and got similiar email message, do as the message says and dissconnect modem for 60 seconds or so ,and reconnect, then go test you speeds at speakeasy site to confirm if you speed has doubled.

anyone else in here get same email message from comcast in my area and notice speed increase/doubled?

WOOHOO WAY TO GO COMCAST!

The Baron
12-17-03, 09:33 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH

I was using Comcast until June. Now I'm using Piece Of **** DSL That ****ing Dies Every Other ****ing Five Minutes With 384/128 Speeds And 800ms Lag.

digitalwanderer
12-17-03, 09:35 PM
Show of hands, how many other people out there just reset their modems on the wild chance that their speeds improved too?

(The Dig raises his hand.)

Rogozhin
12-18-03, 01:04 AM
I will as soon as I get home!

rogo

saturnotaku
12-18-03, 07:33 AM
Cable....mo-dem? I'm sorry I am unfamiliar with this concept. :confused:

vampireuk
12-18-03, 11:08 AM
I hate all of you:p

We have to pay through the damn nose here just to get a reasonable connection, 1mbit and it still has the same upstream as the cheapest connection they offer:rolleyes:

UDawg
12-18-03, 05:37 PM
Yeah it's true. My buddy had his speed doubled about 2 weeks ago by Comcast. He lives in Tucson. He keeps sending me screen caps of his DL speeds. BASTARD!!!

CaptNKILL
12-18-03, 05:46 PM
I have Charter Pipeline and it seems to work pretty good.... its not amazing, but I can download at 94K\sec from a good server... its a lot better than my old dial up that connected at 24.6kbit\sec :D

Im pretty sure my connection is 768\128

cricket
12-25-03, 07:11 PM
well it has been a few days nowe and the speed tests i have recently done for my cable connection, using speakeasy download speed test page for cable modem's has been very good ranging from 3400-3600 kpbs. and my downloading of regular downloads has been averaging out about 400-500 kbps. just tonight i downloaded a 5mb file in less than 25 seconds and then a 10.9 mb file in about 50 seconds...extremely fast!!!
(both files i downloaded were from www.3dgamers.com and were patches and add on for max payne 2 game. i used the "indiana" download link"