PDA

View Full Version : Problems posting about Nvidia...

Kev1
12-18-03, 04:14 PM
Am I only one who has this problem? I post at a couple hardware sites besides NVnews, and whenever I post something positive about the GFFX 5700 Ultra or 5900 NU without fail someone posts that they are crap and that ATI is better.

When I respond that they aren't and give my reasons, the personal attacks start and I am called idiot fanboy, etc, etc.

Now in all my posts I did not say anything bad about ATI, ATI owners, and in fact state that they seem to be great cards. But when I say that I think the 5700 Ultra and 5900 NU are great values at the $200 dollar price point, it just gets me a lot of grief. People even go out of their way to fight over this in Nvidia only forums (not here, but other websites).

I know 5800 was flop, I know technically the 9800 Pro is better than the 5900. However, at $200 dollars I don't think any ATI card can match the 5900 performance at that price range. I think the 5700 Ultra is great value too.

I'm trying to just ignore the comments now. I just don't know why people feel the need to start name calling if anyone says anything positive about Nvidia. Maybe I should be somewhat use to this since I post here, but at certain other websites things seem worse.

I am still looking forward to getting a 5900 NU for Xmas. I am sure it will be big upgrade too from my GF3.

saturnotaku
12-18-03, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kev1
But when I say that I think the 5700 Ultra and 5900 NU are great values at the $200 dollar price point, it just gets me a lot of grief. People even go out of their way to fight over this in Nvidia only forums (not here, but other websites).

I haven't seen any of this lately. Even some of the hardcore ATI folks are admitting that the 5900NU is a great buy at $200.

jimmyjames123
12-18-03, 05:28 PM
The lineup from NVIDIA is pretty good these days. The 5900XT/SE and the 5900NU really look to have the best performance/price ratio for most enthusiasts, and only a true fanboy would argue otherwise. Almost all the talk and all the hype over the last year or two has been about the top of the line products that are out of reach for most users because of price. Good to see NVIDIA giving users more for the money in the much more affordable mid-range sector.

Notice that there were no major complaints or outrage at the newest 5900XT/SE reviews on the forums. This is because there is really not much to complain about considering the performance, price, and software Call Of Duty bundle. This is the first time in a long time we have seen such behavior on the forums.

digitalwanderer
12-18-03, 06:08 PM
I've never been given any hassles for defending nVidia. :angel2:

simwiz2
12-18-03, 07:10 PM
The 5900XT/SE and the 5900NU really look to have the best performance/price ratio for most enthusiasts, and only a true fanboy would argue otherwise.

That reminds me of a thread I saw on Rage3D a while ago:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33720515&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

It is truly amazing how much opinions differ from site to site.

Edge
12-18-03, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I've never been given any hassles for defending nVidia. :angel2:

That's because you're usually the one hassling the defenders :D

digitalwanderer
12-18-03, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Edge
That's because you're usually the one hassling the defenders :D
Details, details. :rolleyes: