PDA

View Full Version : Direct3d vsync tab missing with 53.03 WHQL

RoachMojo
12-18-03, 11:25 PM
Guys, I'm having a problem, I think.

I don't the Direct3d vsync tab anymore, just a blank spot.

I tried re-installing the driver, but still nothing. I had asked this before a few months back, but can't find the post. I seem to remember someone mentioning before that it was because I had Coolbits enabled.

skypx
12-18-03, 11:57 PM
Did you enable coolbits? You can get it here (http://webpages.charter.net/manderson001/Coolbits.REG).

RoachMojo
12-19-03, 12:04 AM
I did enable Coolbits. The d3d vsync enable/disable option is just not there.

Isn't it supposed to be there..?

skypx
12-19-03, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RoachMojo
I did enable Coolbits. The d3d vsync enable/disable option is just not there.

Isn't it supposed to be there..?

Yea. I'm not sure why it's not showing up. Did you uninstall the old drivers via the add remove applet in the control panel?

RoachMojo
12-19-03, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by skypx
Yea. I'm not sure why it's not showing up. Did you uninstall the old drivers via the add remove applet in the control panel?

Yup. Uninstalled per standard procedure, rebooted, and installed new drivers. Even uninstalling and re-installing makes no difference. Incidentally, I had the same issue with the 52.16 drivers.

Damn, I was hoping it was supposed to be that way!

Well, I don't know what to do, short of hacking the registry. I'd hate to have to rebuild XP from scratch right now.

Thanks for the help!

[EDIT] I fixed it! I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling and suddenly the tab was back. :D

[EDIT] I fixed it because I'm an idiot... The tab was there the whole time, but on a different page... :rolleyes:

rclenhardt
12-19-03, 04:20 PM
Just use Riva Tuner at Guru3d.com. ;)

saturnotaku
12-19-03, 04:54 PM
Aieee! The signature, she blinds me with her sheer length!

skypx
12-19-03, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by RoachMojo
Yup. Uninstalled per standard procedure, rebooted, and installed new drivers. Even uninstalling and re-installing makes no difference. Incidentally, I had the same issue with the 52.16 drivers.

Damn, I was hoping it was supposed to be that way!

Well, I don't know what to do, short of hacking the registry. I'd hate to have to rebuild XP from scratch right now.

Thanks for the help!

[EDIT] I fixed it! I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling and suddenly the tab was back. :D

[EDIT] I fixed it because I'm an idiot... The tab was there the whole time, but on a different page... :rolleyes:

RoachMojo, I'm gald to see your problem was resolved. :)

RoachMojo
12-19-03, 09:31 PM
Thank you, Skypx, and all of you, for your help.

If I had never posted asking for help, I wonder how long it would have taken me to see it. Duh. :D

OT: Firefly dvd set kicks ass!!!!!