PDA

View Full Version : Two problems : mic & mouse

joltcola
12-23-03, 05:50 PM
Alright,

I haven't been able to figure out these two problems that I've been running into thats been causing an issue since I kind of can't afford replacements or upgrading.

On to the problems

The first one is with my mouse. Mostly when I'm playing counter strike ( half-life games in general since I play DoD & NS ). The mouse will sometimes stop responding for a short period of time ( 1 or 2 seconds ). Sometimes the light turns off, sometimes it stays on. Its very random and I'm not sure if its the mouse starting to die or something else. The reason I haven't been able to make that determination is due to the fact that some days its fine with out a problem. It always seems to happen when I don't want it to ( go figure ). I'll be playing a public server, with no problem. Then I'll go scrim and thats when it starts acting up..

Mouse : MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0A

The second problem is my mic and I think it might be caused by the on-bord mic jack wearing out but again, I'm not sure. I got a new headset /w mic. A pretty nice one. Clear sound as I've tested on other machines. People can hear me ( or hear my self when I just test the mic with various programs ) , but you can hear light static in the background. A hissing sound like a fan is sitting next to my head.

I was wondering what ya'all thought about these two problems since I've kind of have run into a wall with these two and haven't had the time nor the energy to try and really sit down and troubleshoot it. ( job takes up my time and energy =( )

Motherboard : MSI KT3 Ultra2

Anyways, thanks for your help. Just trying to get something to go on....

-- jolt

Rampant CL
12-24-03, 04:16 AM
Mouse:

i have the same mouse and mine didnt act funny, and ive had it for years. What i can suggest though is trying it in a different usb port, or plug a ps2 converter on and see if it still does it. If it doesnt then its likely a physical problem with the old sub port.

Mic:

If you have any cathodes or anything in the case try repositioning the wires or shielding them, they sometimes cause light static. Also use compressed air to clean out teh mic jacks, as dust causes light static sometimes.

joltcola
12-26-03, 10:44 PM
oh okay.. cool.. thanks for the suggestions. I'll try those out , see what happens.

Thank you!

-- jolt