PDA

View Full Version : 53.04 Drivers wont install on my GeForce 2 MX

Arjento
12-26-03, 01:06 PM
Hi all.

I'm new here and hope you can help me.

I have Windows Millenium and have a Geforce 2 MX card. Before I have never had problems installing the Detonator drivers for my NVidia card.

But I had to start with a new hard disk recently (the old one just died :( ). So I went to look for what was the latest drivers for my card, which is the 53.04 version (53.04_win9x_english).

So I install as normal, but this time I get a box titled "Digital Signature Notification":

"The driver software you have chosen to install may not have been tested by Microsoft to verify that it works properly with Windows Millenium Edition

To maintain the reliability of your system, the following driver will not be installed:

NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX400"

I don't think it installed after, because I didn't get the destop going back to 800x640 resolution after a restart as it usually does.

Please can anyone help me.

Thanks.

radical
12-26-03, 02:33 PM
you should be able to define the behaviour of driver signing somehwere in ure control panel with options of fail=driver wont install if unsigned , warn=you get a requester , ignore=driver will install without any action needed ....

P.S. found this http://www.thegorx.net/windows/help/medrivers.htm follow the mans instructions on how to change ure winme driver signing behaviour and that should solve It :cool:

Arjento
12-26-03, 06:42 PM
Thank you, that has helped.

I think that it has installed.

I checked the driver date: 11/26/03

So I guess it's installed :)