PDA

View Full Version : HL2, Doom3, FarCry, Stalker (requirements?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tuork
12-28-03, 08:32 PM
Any news on official system requirements for any of the upcoming nifty games?

minimum, recommended, optimum?

I'm especially interested in FarCry's.

From what I've researched, they aren't as bestial as I would have thought... but then again, I'm wrong most of the times...

demonized
12-28-03, 08:38 PM
This is what i got from their email for the beta.

Recommended specs:
o P4 1.7 Ghz
o 512 MB RAM
o GeForce 4 / Radeon 9x00 Pro series based cards or higher (no GeForce 4 MX
support)
o 500 MB of free hard disk space
o Windows 2000/XP support only

- Driver requirements:
o DirectX 9.0b must be installed
o Nvidia based cards must have : ForceWare drivers 53.03
o ATI based cards must have: Catalyst drivers 3.9

Tuork
12-28-03, 09:33 PM
Here's what I've found so far...

HL2: from here (www.ultimate-gamer.com/halflife2/hl2.htm)

The minimum system spec is currently targeted at a 700 MHz PC with 128 MB RAM and a DX6-level video card, eg: TNT2 etc, meaning you won't need a supercomputer to run Half-Life 2 but don't expect to see reflective water,dynamic shadows and bump-mapped textures.

The game running at reasonable detail eg: 25/40 fps, requires a 1600Mhz cpu, 256 mb ram, GeForce4 Ti or Ati Radeon card.

In real life you need the best from a new game so I would recommend a 2000 cpu, or higher 512 mb ram or higher, GeForce4 Ti4800 128 ddr or ATI Radeon 9600 pro.
IF you've got the money ATI Radeon 9800 pro. or Geforce FX5900 ultra
The more power the better but not essential with this game.

Check this (http://www.gameshype.co.uk/GAMES/PC/H/HALF_LIFE_2/REQUIREMENTS) out too.

Doom3: from here (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/27481/)

You'll want at least a 1Ghz machine with 256MB of RAM and a GeForce 1 or Radeon 7xxx videocard, though of course don't expect the game to look anywhere near what it is supposed to.

As for the Far Cry beta... will the requirements be much different for the full game?

CaptNKILL
12-28-03, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by demonized

Recommended specs:
o P4 1.7 Ghz
o 512 MB RAM
support)

- Driver requirements:
If thats from the beta, are you alowd to post that publicly? :wtf:

The Baron
12-28-03, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
If thats from the beta, are you alowd to post that publicly? :wtf:
probably. it's probably on the download page anyway.

demonized
12-28-03, 10:08 PM
well, its only system specs.

saturnotaku
12-28-03, 10:36 PM

Gak. No support for my precious 45.23 drivers? :eek:

Tuork
12-29-03, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Gak. No support for my precious 45.23 drivers? :eek:

Damn, I just noticed that too...

MrNasty
12-29-03, 06:04 AM
Someone should upload the far cry beta on bittorrent

saturnotaku
12-29-03, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by MrNasty

Someone should beat you about the head. :mad:

Tuork
12-29-03, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by MrNasty

And what good would that do? It's supposed to work with an only-once key. Hence, no go smarty.

Edge
12-29-03, 08:41 PM
Haha, so Half-life 2 will actually run with a DX6 class card? I'm almost tempted to try it on my 200 mhz computer with a Voodoo 3 just to see if it works (I wanted to do that with DX:IW, but it requires a Geforce 3 or higher, heh).

Oh, and I'm pretty sure there's no problem with posting the minimum specs. of the Farcry beta. I'm pretty sure I saw the exact same specs posted on some website, so I doubt they're trying to keep it some secret. Not to mention you'd need to know the specs anyway to sign up for the beta.

Viral
12-29-03, 09:55 PM

Recommended specs:
o P4 1.7 Ghz
o 512 MB RAM
support)

- Driver requirements:

Whoa!

I can see alot of people having to upgrade for this!

Hmmm, i have a Geeforce 4 ti4400 and 512mb of RAM laying around.. looks like i may be able to sell them soon!:D

Tuork
12-29-03, 11:38 PM
Far Cry's specs I saw on a web page also... so no worries about the legal matters sorrounding that.

The specs which worried me the most were far cry's... but seeing the beta requirements I would tend to believe the real deal won't be as demanding as I once thought.
Horray for me. :D

On a further note, HL2 and Doom3 aren't as demanding. Once again: horray for me.

Any news on Stalker's requirements?

Edge
12-30-03, 01:04 AM
I'm not totally sure, but I think Stalker's requirements were somewhere in the area of a 1.4 ghz processor with a GF3 and 256 megs of ram. Could be wrong about that though, I'm not sure if those were the official specs or estimated ones.

TheCounter
01-04-04, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Tuork
And what good would that do? It's supposed to work with an only-once key. Hence, no go smarty.

Yep, and afaik you need to log in to the server to play the beta, there will be no lan gaming support.

I think it's the same as with planetside...

So if the beta will be leaked, nobody can play it *hehe*

Only 2 months to go, then farcry will be released :)

@Edge

I think the specs are right...

Oh and if you have a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and a Radeon 9800XT you can play it in 1600x1200 with 4xAA & 8xAF at around 90 to 100 FPS..

Benchmarks with an "actual final version": http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/editorial/display/stalker_4.html

Look @ site 7..... 430 FPS :eek: !

raysusan
01-05-04, 12:27 AM
look like my comp can handle all these games:)
i really hate to upgrade again
:mad:

Gator
01-06-04, 09:06 AM
If you're interested in Stalker requirements, check out this thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23073

I was very psyched when I read
Originally posted by Grechie
damn i ran the alpha on my rig and i was getting 40-60fps :) thats a good sign!...
AMD Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.40GHZ
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0 @ Bios 1007 @ 266MHZ FSB (133MHZ x 2)
512MB DDR RAM @ Dual Channel
ASUS V9280 TD 128MB Geforce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8X @ 280/530 Clock Settings

:) I'm definetly gonna grab this game when it comes out! :)

Tuork
01-06-04, 09:44 PM
Yay... looks like I'll be able to play all of them with reasonable quality and no need for upgrades... even so I'll be upgrading around June/July (trip to the states!)

tastyweat
01-07-04, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Tuork
As for the Far Cry beta... will the requirements be much different for the full game?

Yes... it is an unoptimised beta... I would suggest approximately the same specs as Doom 3 minimum... from what I have seen anyway.

As for Stalker... judging from the code I have available... the minimum specs will be quite reasonable... especially as it is yet to be optimised. Which, yet again, would seem to be roughly similar to Doom 3 again.

The stalker code I have at the moment will run respectably on my laptop (2GHz P4, 256MB PC2100, 32MB dedicated DDR 7500 mobility), at 800x600x32 with max DX7 options.

...and there is more optimisation to come before release.

The code that I have is more recent than the leaked alpha.

As for Far Cry, from the code I have played with, the specs are quite high at the moment... but it is yet to be optimised... which is one of the points of the upcoming beta.

Hope that answers most of your questions

I have not been able to get my hands on a recent version of HL2 yet :mad: - just the stuff available on IRC

CaptNKILL
01-07-04, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by tastyweat

I have not been able to get my hands on a recent version of HL2 yet :mad: - just the stuff available on IRC

:rofl
LMAO!

Until that line, I thought you were some important reviewer person that had LEGAL access to these alphas...... but your just a warez monkey :p lol

Tuork
01-07-04, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
:rofl
LMAO!

Until that line, I thought you were some important reviewer person that had LEGAL access to these alphas...... but your just a warez monkey :p lol

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're listening... :bleh:

ragejg
01-07-04, 10:24 PM
yup we are...

:-l

///CLOSED///

ragejg
01-07-04, 10:27 PM
bah, I'm too nice... I changed my mind...

But warezmonkeys are not permitted in these forums... not t all. If you wanna talk about warez then go to a warez forum.

The discussion on minimum requirements of HL2, Doom3, FarCry, and Stalker may continue... WITHOUT warez talky...

...mmmmkay? mmmkay.

Edge
01-08-04, 12:05 AM
No warez talk? Where's the fun in that :p

Heh, well anyway, at what point are the games currently at? Didn't Xbit labs or someone recieve a recent copy of STALKER that's more advanced then the alpha floating around the internet? It would be interesting if a site with access to the most recent versions of all these games could benchmark them to see what kind of performence we could expect on certain hardware setups.