PDA

View Full Version : STALKER alpha leaked


Pages : [1] 2

***CENSORED***
12-30-03, 11:59 AM
http://www.elitebastards.com/index.php?sid=b95e71102e51234bce63c4c9e6daf20b#new s3039

digitalwanderer
12-30-03, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ***CENSORED***
http://www.elitebastards.com/index.php?sid=b95e71102e51234bce63c4c9e6daf20b#new s3039
Thanks for the linkage, but the credit for the first find goes to Warp2search's story on it (http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15789)...that's where Hanners found it. (And he credited it as such too, I just thought I'd pop it up here since I'm a bit weird and anal about giving credit where credit is due. :) )

Edge
12-30-03, 02:49 PM
Haha, not really suprising, since all the other big-name FPS games have been leaked. And really, as soon as you make a beta and send it out over the internet, you can be almost sure that someone will crack it so it doesn't need any authorization/cd-key crap to work. Oh well, it's not like these leaks will really affect sales, noone is going to judge the game based on a buggy set of 3 levels (unless it's REALLY bad). Hell, if it wasn't for the HL2 alpha, I probably wouldn't be so excited about it.

The Baron
12-30-03, 02:57 PM
UT2003--leaked.

Doom 3--leaked.

HL2--leaked.

U2--I think it was leaked, but I honestly can't remember for sure.

It's a pattern, ladies!

CaptNKILL
12-30-03, 03:31 PM
*begins scouring Kazaa, Overnet and any other possible sources of illegal software*


lol

The Baron
12-30-03, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
*begins scouring Kazaa, Overnet and any other possible sources of illegal software*


lol
Number one, don't talk about it here because we don't like warez. I don't even have to link the post--you know where it is.

Number two, The Word From Around The Way is that it's a total piece of crap. But then again, so are all leaked alphas.

Oh yes, I forgot Halo. Halo was leaked as well.

UDawg
12-30-03, 03:49 PM
I hate this kind of betrayal of confidence. What kind of total dunder head leaks this stuff? I don't understand why people just can't wait for the final addition to play?

All people do is complain about how bad the alpha is. The internet is one big grab ass for free stuff.

stncttr908
12-30-03, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by UDawg
I hate this kind of betrayal of confidence. What kind of total dunder head leaks this stuff? I don't understand why people just can't wait for the final addition to play?

All people do is complain about how bad the alpha is. The internet is one big grab ass for free stuff. It's hard to wait for even a demo since games are fashionably > 1 year behind lately. :rolleyes:

Edge
12-30-03, 06:16 PM
U2--I think it was leaked, but I honestly can't remember for sure.

Yup, it definatly was, the E3 demo from almost a year before it was released (man, those E3 demos are leak magnets!). Also I think I remember a few other games were leaked, but I can't remember which ones. Man, they really need better security on these things, you would expect companies like Valve and ID and Epic to have the most security on their games.

Oh, and I think the full version of Yuri's Revenge was leaked like a month before the game was released.

The Baron
12-30-03, 06:48 PM
Don't forget BloodRayne, the game whose final version was leaked like 4 months before the US launch or something.

Smokey
12-30-03, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Don't forget BloodRayne, the game whose final version was leaked like 4 months before the US launch or something.

lol
I was playing a leaked final game something like 3days after the build date in the main screen!!

I dl the U2 alpha at the time, and it was buggy as hell, I could only load one level without my pc crashing. Im dont care for alphas/betas anymore, and I know STALKER is a game that Im going to get anyways :)

CaptNKILL
12-30-03, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Number one, don't talk about it here because we don't like warez. I don't even have to link the post--you know where it is.

I was joking B, you think I havent been here long enough to pick on the admins a little? ;)

*CaptNKILL gets banned*

:D

Shaitan
12-30-03, 10:55 PM
IMHO, it serves a dev right, if they hype their freaking game for YEARS, and expect everyone to grow old waiting. The fix? Do not announce till 6 months or so before release. I applaude HL 2s devs for the way they handled PR.

The Baron
12-30-03, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Shaitan
IMHO, it serves a dev right, if they hype their freaking game for YEARS, and expect everyone to grow old waiting. The fix? Do not announce till 6 months or so before release. I applaude HL 2s devs for the way they handled PR.
Except... the same thing EXACTLY happened to Valve. The source leak. The delay. Etc. :p

CaptNKILL
12-31-03, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Except... the same thing EXACTLY happened to Valve. The source leak. The delay. Etc. :p

owned:

RAY16
12-31-03, 04:55 AM
I love alpha/beta leaks, as long as it's not a leak of the full game. I'm a total freak and I love being able to check out the stuff. I still play the Doom 3 alpha every now and then, and every time I do it just gets me hyped up for the final game. You know what's really sad? The Doom 3 alpha is more stable than some games that have just been released in their so-called final state. It's both sad and funny at the same time.

Cyberz
12-31-03, 06:00 AM
Painkiller beta is out to :)

StealthHawk
12-31-03, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Number one, don't talk about it here because we don't like warez. I don't even have to link the post--you know where it is.

Actually, that NO WAREZ HERE announcement seems to be gone.

Originally posted by Shaitan
IMHO, it serves a dev right, if they hype their freaking game for YEARS, and expect everyone to grow old waiting. The fix? Do not announce till 6 months or so before release. I applaude HL 2s devs for the way they handled PR.

You're kidding right?

"Half-Life2 September 30!" September30 hits...."Half-Life2 Holiday Season!" 2003 almost over. And to this day nobody knows when HL2 will actually ship.

Kruno
12-31-03, 06:50 AM
I'd be surprised if something popular doesn't get leaked.

UDawg
12-31-03, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
It's hard to wait for even a demo since games are fashionably > 1 year behind lately. :rolleyes:

Who cares when the game is out. It will be out when it is done. The software companies don't OWE us any thing. If they don't put out good products and don't deliver when they say then don't buy their products.

The same people who can't wait for a unfinished demo are the same people who complain how buggy the game is when it is released.

It's just a game.

Shaitan
12-31-03, 03:32 PM
at any rate, its pretty amazing. Even HL 2s leak wasn`t this cool.

UDawg
12-31-03, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Shaitan
at any rate, its pretty amazing. Even HL 2s leak wasn`t this cool.

Are the psychics as unimpressive as they said?

digitalwanderer
12-31-03, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by UDawg
Are the psychics as unimpressive as they said?
Yup, the can tell your future in the game perfectly. :angel2:

Rob_0126
12-31-03, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by UDawg
Who cares when the game is out. It will be out when it is done. The software companies don't OWE us any thing. If they don't put out good products and don't deliver when they say then don't buy their products.....

It is true that console games can be bought at the store, and returned, MOST places, but pc games have some kind of copyright crap stuck to them, that hinders everyone, that buys a crappy game, to just eat it. :mad:

I dont believe in wares(I use to be into it) because it is plain wrong, but I do think that their should be some kind of way for us to play the game, B4 it is released.

Maybe for us 56k'ers, send out the demo cd to the stores, bout 2 weeks before the game hits. This would cost me a whole $5 to find out if it's a dud or not.

I have a stack of pc games on this table beside me, and half of them were crap, but couldn't find out without buying them, and opening the box. :rolleyes:

I think it's a bunch of hog wash that we have to accept an unfinished product, because of 'copyright' laws. What about the laws that protect my $50 from crap!!! :rolleyes:

Robert

digitalwanderer
12-31-03, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Rob_0126
I have a stack of pc games on this table beside me, and half of them were crap, but couldn't find out without buying them, and opening the box. :rolleyes:

I think it's a bunch of hog wash that we have to accept an unfinished product, because of 'copyright' laws. What about the laws that protect my $50 from crap!!! :rolleyes:
It's called either "vigilante justice" or "piracy" now, depending on your point of view. ;)