PDA

View Full Version : Did I mention that the Painkiller Alpha is in the wild?

digitalwanderer
01-01-04, 10:22 AM
If not, sorry I meant to. I posted up a bit about it last night, but I woke to find out that Hanners had made it into a full-blown front page story. (I know EB has a front page, but only 'cause I get to play with it. ;) )

.nfo from the leak:
nfo? you gotta be taking the piss!
all you need to know is that this is a late november build
of painkiller, the much anticipated shooter. this build is
labeled a pre-alpha and serves as first look build for very
few chosen magazines. it contains 3 singeplayer and 2 multiplayer
maps, of course fully playable, no ****ed **** like HL2 leak...
talk about "beta", my ass. have fun with this
reame.txt from the Alpha(e-dress changed by me):
Welcome to the SP/LAN first look build of Painkiller for PC.

This is pre-alpha code, containing 3 of the 24 solo levels that will ship with the game and 2 multi-player levels, namely :

- 2 solo levels - Cemetery and Town
- 1 boss level - Meet Alastor
- 2 LAN-only multiplayer levels - DM-Unseen and DM-Sacred

Multi-player has not yet been optimized, but should be able to support 4 on 4 for LAN play

--------------------------------------------

To install the game :
from the CD, copy the "Painkiller - First look build" in your hard-drive game directory (ex : D:\Games\Painkiller - First look build)

To launch the game :
browse through the Bin folder (ex : D:\Games\Painkiller\Build 2 - Media\Bin) and execute PainGame.exe

Enjoy !

Recommended configuration for this build - not indicative of final product configuration :
2.0 GHz
512 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5900

Feel free to contact Xxxx (Xxxx@dreamcatchergames.com) if you have any question or issue with this build !

--------------------------------------------

Painkiller 2003 DreamCatcher Interactive Inc. Developed by People Can Fly. DreamCatcher design and logo are trademarks of DreamCatcher Interactive Inc. Package design 2003 DreamCatcher Interactive Inc. All rights reserved.
More details as we find 'em out can be found here at Elite Bastards (http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3061).

SH64
01-01-04, 11:12 AM
Recommended configuration for this build - not indicative of final product configuration :
2.0 GHz
512 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5900

wOw! . Thank god i'll be able to play the alpha :D

digitalwanderer
01-01-04, 11:20 AM
Meh, it plays smooth on Bubbles with 4xAA & 8xAF w/v-sync on. :cool:

GlowStick
01-01-04, 06:30 PM
heh, dosent suprize me after they sent it to so many review sites/mags that it leaked.

RAY16
01-02-04, 03:39 AM
Wow, this game is fun. Mindless shooting at its best. There's no music in this (well, I didn't hear any), but I just played some rock in the backround and thay fixed that problem. I love that effect that turns on when you go into some kind of super-pwn-everything-in-your-way-with-psychic-powers mode.

/me wants this game to come out.