PDA

View Full Version : AsusUpdate ended my Bios

john19055
01-01-04, 02:21 PM
well I have used it I don't no how many times before and never had no problem with it.I was playing with my other computer and I decided I would update the Bios on my A7V333 and everthing looked to go fine but when I rebooted all I got was a black screen,I guess have have to get a new Bios chip or I could do a hot flash,but I will probally just sit it back in the closet where it was .

Dazz
01-01-04, 02:52 PM
Hmm strange first time for everything i guss, when i had my ASUS A7M266 i uses Live Update no less then 12 times without problems. Did you live update from the net or did you get the wrong one? There diffrent revisions also which can give problems if the wrong BIOS is updated, or the Live ipdate miss read it?.

{Sniping}Waste
01-01-04, 06:50 PM
have you tried to reset the CMOS.

john19055
01-02-04, 11:15 PM
I used the one that I have updated the last two updates with that board and had no problems before and I am sure I had the right Bios for the update,but something sure as hell did'nt go right ,Does anybody no a place here in the U.S. where they sell Bios chips that are already flashed.and Yes I done reset the cmos.

john19055
01-12-04, 07:59 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a Bios chip for my Asus A7V333 motherboard.