PDA

View Full Version : ...a sighting? ... In Halo?

ragejg
01-04-04, 09:32 PM
Jeez, when will it end... :rolleyes:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=254622

Starscream
01-04-04, 10:27 PM
What?

CaptNKILL
01-04-04, 10:32 PM
:confused:

ragejg
01-04-04, 10:33 PM
all your... C'mon, you know the rest... ....

plus on the other side are some green day lyrics ... ???

Seems like they got bored... hehm, if they were bored, they should have fixed bugs instead of making "bad megadrive port" references... :p

ragejg
01-04-04, 10:34 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time magnifying it... if you have the game, check it out, it's under the multiplayer section, then go to edit game types...

tEd
01-04-04, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Could y'all just tell us? I'd hate to have to re-install the game just to be lamed by 'em. :bleh:

all your base are belong to us

cookie?

Nephilim
01-05-04, 03:40 AM
Hmm...I thought this was old news.....there's all kinds of stuff in Halo like that.

CaptNKILL
01-05-04, 01:50 PM
Oh.. ok, I read it now.....

I thought that the words at the bottom were the magnified words... hence the arrow...

Why is there an arrow pointing from the words at the bottom to the "all your base" thing? Shoulda just circled it :P

ragejg
01-05-04, 07:30 PM
Shoulda just circled it, I know.. sorry... oh well...

Boy, that one went over like a lead balloon!!:p

(pb)

:D

saturnotaku
01-05-04, 08:36 PM
Goodie. As if I needed another reason to dislike Halo. Oh wait, they just gave me one. This is probably in the Xbox version too, I just never noticed it then and I have since traded that game in.

digitalwanderer
01-05-04, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by tEd
all your base are belong to us

cookie?
Thank you tEd! :)

stncttr908
01-05-04, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Goodie. As if I needed another reason to dislike Halo. Oh wait, they just gave me one. This is probably in the Xbox version too, I just never noticed it then and I have since traded that game in. If I may ask, what is wrong with Halo? It's still one of the best games in my Xbox collection. :wtf:

stncttr908
01-05-04, 10:25 PM
The PC version, it's garbage. :( I've played the PC version as well, and I must say that it's a console FPS all the way. Not only that, but the performance is just awful. Nevertheless, it's still a good game on PC, just not a stellar one like the Xbox version.

UDawg
01-05-04, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
I've played the PC version as well, and I must say that it's a console FPS all the way. Not only that, but the performance is just awful. Nevertheless, it's still a good game on PC, just not a stellar one like the Xbox version.

It never used to be and that is why we are all pissed off. You port games from PC to console, not from console to PC.

saturnotaku
01-06-04, 08:37 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wouldn't have been bothered by the ovall crappiness of the PC port of Halo had it come out in a reasonable time after the Xbox version. But thanks to Microsoft and everyone else involved in this debacle, we were led to believe that Halo would be a properly done PC game especially after all the time that was put into it. And we all know how that turned out. There are few things in this world that bother me more than items that are overpromised and underdelivered.

loupegarou
01-07-04, 12:10 AM
I myself LOVE HALO. I gave my xbox version to a lady i work with for her sons christmas present..
Halo for some reason binds my keyboard to my fingers. I cannot stop playing it. I can play the first person part of it over and over, cranking the bad guys up each time.

Playing it on the highest setting is ludicrious.
If they ever add the coop addon like they said they want to then a friend and i will be the game on legendary. I alone cannot without much cursing.

The only issue i have with it is if i try to change the game from 800x600 to 1024x768.

I get some kind of direct x error. I havent been able to find anyone with this problem.

I have a pent 4 3.0ghz 800mhz fsb
512mb ddr (400mhz)
ati 9800
audigy 2 zs

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

mrsabidji
01-07-04, 02:50 AM
Install the latest Halo patch... it's supposed to correct this bug. Otherwise, disable any refresh-rate overrider you're running, or add that command line parameter (something like -vidmode 1024x768x85 (85 being the refresh rate)).

mrsabidji

Tuork
01-11-04, 12:00 PM
THEY SET UP US THE BOMB!

:rofl

tEd
01-11-04, 02:07 PM
The PC version, it's garbage. :(

frankly performance sucks but halo is just pure action great super fun
:afro2:

Vash
01-12-04, 07:55 AM
Supposedly there's going to be some serious shader performance increases with the next patch. Gearbox says that they've been doing lots of work to create "fast shaders" that are supposed to give us something like a 30%-50% shader performance increase, which should be very nice if it makes it through Microsoft's hampster-powered quality control testing.