PDA

View Full Version : Bfg Fx5900nu & Vivo

k3nnis
01-04-04, 11:50 PM
Hi there.

I have the BFG Asylum FX5900NU 128MB AGP card and just wondering anyone out there with this same card, does it have VIVO? On their website it doesn't state so but in the retail packaging box it came with a tv out cable via the s-video output jack and it came with 1 cable that is split from the tvout to a video in. Just wondering if it really does have VIVO capabilities? And if so what programs have you guys used and successfully used it? Is it goos quality?:)

It came with a video studio software too i believe on CD? Is that what we have to install to use VIVO?

Cheers.
Kenn.

particleman
01-05-04, 12:56 PM
Check the board itself, if it has a Philips SA7XXX on it then it has video in, if it doesn't then it doesn't. You could also just try installing the wdm capture drivers and try to capture something. Also, the cable you described sounds like it just might only be a composite/s-video splitter. Every splitter that I've seen for video in, actually has 4 ends, 1 s-video in, 1 1 s-video out, 1 composite in, and 1 composite out.

saturnotaku
01-05-04, 01:10 PM
Far as I know those cards don't have VIVO.

Naffer
01-05-04, 02:54 PM
Look at the plug in between the two monitior out ports. If it has 9 pins, it's a VIVO card. Otherwise it isn't.

adistortions
01-05-04, 05:35 PM
After reading up on the BFG I'm under the impression that it has VIVO.

If it came with the input connection then I'm sure it does (would only make sense right)

k3nnis
01-05-04, 07:17 PM
Hi guys.

Yes it has 9 pins on the tv out(s-video) from the board. Now where do i get this wdm capture driver from?:) What software should i use for capturing stuff?

The breakout cable goes like this which is provided by BFG:
comp out,comp in, s-video out, s-video in

Cheers.
Kenn.

bkswaney
01-06-04, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by k3nnis
Hi guys.

Yes it has 9 pins on the tv out(s-video) from the board. Now where do i get this wdm capture driver from?:) What software should i use for capturing stuff?

The breakout cable goes like this which is provided by BFG:
comp out,comp in, s-video out, s-video in

Cheers.
Kenn.

I would think windows loaded it default.

Just pick a good software u like.
There r many to choose from. :)

k3nnis
01-06-04, 06:24 AM
Hi.

Thanks :) I had to install the nvidia wdm driver but the tv tuner part of it didn''t install as it doesn't have a built in tv tuner. Anyways i tried cyberlink powervcr II trial and it worked, i plugged my cable box into it via the s-video in. Hmm you know whats weird, i emailed BFG support, and they said it doesn't have vivo, they package the cables(VIVO) just for packaging convinience. But i just used VIVO lol. And it worked. So go figure:) And it is definitely a non ultra card i have here. It's 128MB and 400/850 default clock speeds using coolbits.

Cheers.
Kenn.