PDA

View Full Version : Video Driver help!!

fninjap90
01-09-04, 06:26 PM
Hello, I just recently reformatted XP and lost all drivers. directX diagnostic says that my driver is vga.dll ver. 5.01.26 which is the "generic driver." It sucks and I have very choppy scroll and can't play games worth crap. It is not 3D capable. dxdiag also says I have no video device...which is weird...since I won't be able to see anything. I have Geforce 2. That is a video device...right?

I wanted to change my driver to nForce or something but have not been successful in installing it. After the files are on my computer, and after I run setup and restart my computer, nothing has changed. The driver is not in the driver management list or anything. How do I install it?

Thank you.

RAY16
01-09-04, 07:22 PM
nForce drivers are for motherboards with an nForce chipset, not for your video card. I recommend these because IMO the 50's series are crap.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_45.23.html

*edit*

You should also uninstall those nForce drivers unless you have an nForce motherboard.

fninjap90
01-10-04, 09:51 AM
Ok, so I can't use the nForce. I've also downloaded Win2XP 53.03 and had the same thing happen. But I tried to open nvappbar and said my computer had to have Nvidia Desktop Manager....which got deleted in the reformat too. Is Desktop Manager critical for video? In which folder do you install and setup the downloaded files.

Ok, so I just deleted those two and got Win2XP 45.23 like you said. It is unzipped it and ran setup in folder C:\NVIDIA\WinXP-2K\45.23. After restart, none of the apps open nor does anything new appear in the device manager. What do I do now? Is there a specific place that I need to move the files?

Thank you.

RAY16
01-10-04, 05:11 PM
nVidia has retards working with them. The uninstall programs for some of their newest drivers totally borks peoples systems sometimes. I don't know how to fix it except for a format. Maybe somebody else can help, so wait a little bit before doing anything drastic.