PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX 5900 and Display Issues

NextGen
01-09-04, 07:00 PM
Finally got my GeForce FX 5900 card today; cost me $200, and I'll be returning my FX 5700 Ultra card for a full refund. But there's one issue, although it doesn't seem like a major irritant or anything like that. When I boot my computer up, I see small batches of blue dots in separate spaces on my monitor (that never happened before), and while they do disappear for a short interval in between my computer's boot-up process display and the Windows XP Professional loading screen, the batches still pop up again once the loading screen comes onscreen. Once again, when my desktop appears, they're gone, but when I play a NVIDIA demo or something, there are small squarish flickering spots here and there while I'm watching it. Any idea what it could be? Probably could be the power supply (although I have a 300-watt PS) ...

NextGen
01-09-04, 10:19 PM
*bump* Guys, I seriously could use some help here. I'm going to return this card anyway, and demand that they (the store people) give me an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro at $200 (the same price that they sold me the BFG card at) ...

{Sniping}Waste
01-09-04, 10:23 PM
Looks like a bad card. Return it for a new one or get your money back.

jAkUp
01-10-04, 01:30 AM
Yes my first guess would be the powersupply, try a different molex connector, maybe one thats not running off a hard drive, or cd drive.